Maybe found lowering springs? - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By 2017SportHatch
  • 2 Post By Socalsub13

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Maybe found lowering springs?

I had a 17 Impreza 5 door come in today for oil change and RT. I have a friend with a 2012 wrx and he just took his lowering springs off. When I took the wheels off and put them next to it. It honestly looks like the springs would fit front and rear. I wont know if they do or not. My car doesn't show up till June and he's trying to sell them now. So I'm trying to keep them in the shop long enough for me to see if they will fit when the car comes in. Edlebrock 1in drops. Hopefully he still has them here when I get the car in June and I can update this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM

even if they do look like they'll fit i wouldn't recommend it. the spring rate will be off for your car. the weights of the two cars are completely different as is the weight distribution. they may "work" in the fact that they'll fit and lower the car some but the ride quality may be crap. i would wait and get appropriate lowering springs for you particular car when they are available. just my opinion though.
Tcoat likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017SportHatch View Post
even if they do look like they'll fit i wouldn't recommend it. the spring rate will be off for your car. the weights of the two cars are completely different as is the weight distribution. they may "work" in the fact that they'll fit and lower the car some but the ride quality may be crap. i would wait and get appropriate lowering springs for you particular car when they are available. just my opinion though.
This^
Fitting and working properly are not the same thing. Your steering and braking abilities depend on an appropriate spring rate in front and back and I doubt what applies to his WRX is appropriate for these cars. That is why they make specific springs for specific cars and different rates for track vs street driving.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 PM

do we now have a lowering springs or coilovers for our Subaru impreza sport?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:40 AM

now we have lowering spring for our impreza.

https://www.rs-r.com/product/subaru-...-springs-2017/
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:52 AM

For those of you who have been wondering, here are some pics of the rsr down sus springs installed on my impreza. Going in for an alignment this coming Friday, looking to dial in around -2* of camber front and rear. I'll post some more pics later once the springs are fully settled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0288_1497242877768.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	2833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289_1497242894997.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2841  
whichchris and Leo like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalsub13 View Post
For those of you who have been wondering, here are some pics of the rsr down sus springs installed on my impreza. Going in for an alignment this coming Friday, looking to dial in around -2* of camber front and rear. I'll post some more pics later once the springs are fully settled.
did you install it your self? any comment about the ride?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:12 AM
Leo

Quote:
Are those the same springs mentioned in another thread in here for a 1" drop? I'm also curious about the ride quality. Looks nice!

2017 Impreza Sport -Silver
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 12:34 PM

The ride is close to stock, maybe a little stiffer. It's not going to beat you to death like some coil setups (which I may switch to later)The handling on the other hand is night and day. The springs improved handling so much compared to the stock suspension. Besides the look of the car after install, the handling improvement alone is worth picking a set up. The install is very straightforward, took about 1.5 hours total.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
you sitting on 18s or 19s?

Pictures to be posted when car shows up in June

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page