Radio presets vanishing still - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Radio presets vanishing still

Anyone still having issues with their radio presets vanishing? I had both recalls already completed on my vehicle (rear view camera freezing and ECM reprogramming), but my presets still vanish. Every time i re-program them, in a few days they'll just sit at "initializing" and that's it, they never come back on their own, I am stuck re-programming my presets constantly.

2017 Impreza Sport Trim.
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 04:26 PM

happens to me as well
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 09:22 AM

I am having the same issues. I just picked up my sports package yesterday. I am having a number of other common issues foond on this forum. Weather showing NY only, update download failing, and the clock needs to be set manually.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 04:26 PM

Just picked up my 2017 Impreza Sport, now have 500 km, and i am having same issue with radio on stations that i preset now showing that they are intialising all the time. i may also be getting fading on radio stations. Has anyone been informed of the fix. Looks like we are all over North America. I'm in Oakville, Ontario.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Same here. Every few days they vanish & gotta reprogram them again. It's getting very irritating.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Last time I spoke with my dealer service department, they said they are surprised it is still happening. They have sold 11 '17 impreza models and none of them have this issue. They're going to check to make sure the infotainment system is on the correct version when I go in to get my remote start key fob (Another thing that broke). It could be a while since they have no ETA as to when the key fob will get in.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 04:26 AM

Garage
Just saw this happen on mine too. Right after being connected to Android auto. Poof, everything back to static. XM is reset too. wow...major bugs need to be worked out with this one.

2017 Impreza Sport Hatch Lithium Red cvt.
replacement for: 1998 Volvo S70GLT 286K miles.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 PM

I've had my '17 Sport Sedan non-navi for less than one week, and my radio presets mysteriously vanished as well on day #3. What's really weird is that my last three presets (16, 17, & 18) were all SXM stations and they were still in the presets, but 1 - 15 were "initialising." I was hoping this had something to do with the free Starlink trial I was given, but now that I see this thread, I am fearful I will be seeing this problem again. This is my first Subaru, and it is replacing a Honda Civic that I also bought new and is still running at 265K miles. Very few problems over the course of ownership, even with all those miles. I told my sales rep the day I bought this Subaru that this Impreza has a tough act to follow. Well, not off to a good start.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripswitch View Post
Just saw this happen on mine too. Right after being connected to Android auto. Poof, everything back to static. XM is reset too. wow...major bugs need to be worked out with this one.
Wonder just how many of these issues are actually being caused by the Android operating system. We have had the car 3 weeks now and have had none of these connectivity or HU issues. We both have IPhones. How many with this problem are running android phones?
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Wonder just how many of these issues are actually being caused by the Android operating system. We have had the car 3 weeks now and have had none of these connectivity or HU issues. We both have IPhones. How many with this problem are running android phones?
Na, there's nothing wrong. It's my lack of knowledge on the quirks of a new system. I never set all my radio stations so when the cellphone was USB unplugged the default return was to the FM radio, on an un-programmed channel. When I navigated to select XM, I thought it forgot which channel I was on the previous time, it turns out I couldn't remember what I set it on as I don't care about it, never going to pay for radio. The infotainment system has some strange behavior that was too new to know exactly if it is the intended purpose or just bad engineering. Perhaps a little of both, but after owning the car for a month I have learned most of the behavioral bugs.

As for Android auto, I think the directions are very accurate and map motion location is easy manipulable, the voice instructions in navigation mode are clear and provide traffic pattern info (double lanes, that sort of thing). I think for not buying the navi option it really does a good job in supplementing it. The app is a great 3rd party device connection in providing navigation.

2017 Impreza Sport Hatch Lithium Red cvt.
replacement for: 1998 Volvo S70GLT 286K miles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page