Cruise Control Flashing - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Cruise Control Flashing

This has occurred twice now in a week. While driving or stopped in traffic the cruise control on the instrument panel will blink nonstop. It won't even allow me to use the cruise control. The image below is a screenshot of a video I made. Has this happened to anyone or any solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3724.PNG
Views:	329
Size:	882.2 KB
ID:	946  
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
It seems to be happening more frequently now especially when I use the paddle shifters. Anyone got any insight?
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:47 PM

I've read about this else where and the problem was the brake light switch.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:36 PM

This happens to my Impreza 3 times before reaching 2K miles within 2 month of purchase... I have brought it to the dealer twice and it is currently sitting in the dealership but they seem not to know to fix it exactly. There are some other Impreza owners (based on what I found in Facebook and Youtube) have the same issue but none of their dealership knows the solution so far...
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chieh07 View Post
This happens to my Impreza 3 times before reaching 2K miles within 2 month of purchase... I have brought it to the dealer twice and it is currently sitting in the dealership but they seem not to know to fix it exactly. There are some other Impreza owners (based on what I found in Facebook and Youtube) have the same issue but none of their dealership knows the solution so far...
Certain things about this car I love but these small little things are driving me insane. This vehicle shouldn't have been released for sale until all proper testing was done. Didn't expect so many issues from a Subaru :-(
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsubie View Post
Certain things about this car I love but these small little things are driving me insane. This vehicle shouldn't have been released for sale until all proper testing was done. Didn't expect so many issues from a Subaru :-(
From my past experience, the cruise control light goes on when there is something else going wrong in the car. It's to keep you from using CC before the problem is fixed. I don't know if that is true here, but the last time it happened was with my old subaru (2005 impreza)
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:37 AM

Garage
I've been having this issue as well. I had the dealership look into it when I went for the Headunit Reflash (a few weeks ago) and they had no clue. They asked that I went back when it happened again; I haven't, no time.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mialoubug View Post
From my past experience, the cruise control light goes on when there is something else going wrong in the car. It's to keep you from using CC before the problem is fixed. I don't know if that is true here, but the last time it happened was with my old subaru (2005 impreza)
That would sound right but what the heck could the problem be. This car is so bi-polar its ridiculous.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Garage
I've had the same thing happen. I'm taking it in tomorrow for the ecm/fan recall, so I'll ask about it then. Maybe they'll know something.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterVictor45 View Post
I've had the same thing happen. I'm taking it in tomorrow for the ecm/fan recall, so I'll ask about it then. Maybe they'll know something.
Let us know what they say about it. The soonest appointment I could get was Saturday 15th.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page