5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Joined the dark side, yes an iPhone.

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cdicorpo 
#1 ·
So, I got an iPhone because both my wife and son have them. Anyway with my Android I never connected to the car via wire because all I wanted was calls and texts. Everything worked fine and I was happy.

Now with the iPhone I have to go through Siri to make a text and the talking from the phone doesn't come through the car speaker when I am setting up the text so it is hard to hear it from my phone. For instance I hold the button on the steering wheel and say "text Joseph" and Siri answers me on the phone, not the car speaker.

Hopefully this post is understood, does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting I am not doing correctly?

Thanks.

#2 ·
#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Mine is the same way, with the sound going through the phone. The only way the sound goes through the car is if it is connected via carplay. Hopefully, it is just a software issue, but I usually plug in my phone anyway so I get all of the sounds through the car. And bike tires on a car sounds like a bad idea.

#7 ·
I use Car Play for everything, music, phone, messaging and navigaition. Quite happy, it’s the way things should work. Everything comes through the speakers. I don’t mind having to plug the phone, my trip back and forth from work is sufficient to keep it charged so I don’t have to bother with worrying about that.

#12 ·
My iPhone works fine via Bluetooth or CarPlay. Calls and texts, music, navigation, all go through the car speakers. Not sure if theres a setting on the Phone to chose the audio source for Siri and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.