Subaru Ambassador Coupon - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Subaru Ambassador Coupon

Hello! I'm hopefully going to be a 1st time Subaru owner (2017 Subaru Impreza Sport Manual) and I was looking to get an Ambassador Coupon to help with my purchase.

The coupon would go a long way with me as I would plan on giving back to the Impreza5 forum community on my experiences and any reasonable requests from other forum members about my Subaru!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 PM

Wish you luck with this, always see people asking for those coupons and most that do, once they see the sort of information required to transfer over, go missing

Keep us posted if you get it along with your future Impreza.

How soon are you looking to purchase?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 09:16 PM

what is an "ambassador coupon"?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerInside View Post
Wish you luck with this, always see people asking for those coupons and most that do, once they see the sort of information required to transfer over, go missing

Keep us posted if you get it along with your future Impreza.

How soon are you looking to purchase?
I believe I'd be willing to give most info minus a ssn... I haven't had any luck on getting one, in fact I put money down on an order early January and was laid off this week I still need a vehicle so I have to go through with the order but an Ambassador Coupon sure would be very nice, especially now that I'm scraping to get by...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 01:51 PM

According to the subaru ambassador website, when you click apply now, it says they aren't accepting applications at this time. Care to fill us in on how this works. I've never heard of it personally.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 01:17 PM

From what I've read, I heard it takes off $500, but I'm not too sure off of which amount. Not too sure how you qualify for it either.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 AM

SnowScubaru,

Did you get your new Subaru yet? If so, did you get any Ambassador coupons from anyone?

Just wondering,

Phil
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:37 PM

Garage
My brother is a Subaru Ambassador. He has applied for a few years and finally got accepted for 2017. Basically you get a ton free stuff from Subaru. Apparel, bags, traveler cups and other fun promo items. It's not junk either. He was able to order a nice Subaru jacket too. I think they get an allowance or something like that.

They only get a certain amount of coupons to use. I think no more than 5. Coupon is for $500.00 of a new vehicle purchase. Once you get the coupon you have 1 year to use it. The name and address must match the person who is buying the car. Also VERY IMPORTANT you are told on the coupon to refrain from telling your sales rep you have one until you have an agreed upon selling price. Once that selling price is in place then you present the coupon. This is so that the dealership cannot say it's included when you are negotiating. I just agreed to a selling price of $24,335 so now I can use my coupon to make the selling price $23,835. It can really come in handy and makes a huge difference. I'm sure the Ambassador gets a kickback too once it's used.

I hope that information helps!

That's a bold strategy Cotton let's see if it pays off.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM

Unfortunately we only ever get 5 and it never resets, so mine are reserved for family and friends. My mom just got a Forester last month and my brother picked up an Impreza Tuesday, hence why I'm on here even though I drive a Legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
I'm sure the Ambassador gets a kickback too once it's used.
I wish we did lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:59 AM

Garage
SnowScubaru,

If you're still around, I'm willing to give you one of my offers. I still have my five. PM me. [sorry if it takes awhile to get back to you, I'm terrible at checking PMs. <-- I know, I know, not proud of it.]
Bear likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page