dash panel loose? - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

dash panel loose?

There is a plastic panel under the dash below the glove compartment. It would be right above the passenger's feet. On our car the panel is slightly loose. It has plastic clips on one side (the side closest to the passenger) to fasten it to the dash and the other side just hangs loose and rests against the carper/underlay at the firewall.

I noticed it one day when I was a passenger and the tips of my toes would touch it and make it move. Since we recently had the dealer replace the cabin filter my first thought was that they did not put the panel back on properly. We took it back to the dealer to complain and they checked it out and said everything if fine. "It is supposed to just hang there like that."

Really.... fastened on one side and resting against the carpet on the other... free to bounce around? This is how Subaru designed the thing to fit? I really find that hard to believe!

Would somebody have a look at theirs and tell me if it is also loose? Anybody else notice this as well?

As I mentioned it is right above the passenger's feet and covers the underneath portion of the dash.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:48 AM

Which model do you own?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

2017 Sport-tech 5-door

Can someone have a look at theirs and see if it is the same as mine? Seems to me their should be some kind of clip to hold it in place and not simply lie on top of the carper and underlay!!!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:39 PM

i noticed that as well, mine is the same way.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:22 PM

I have a '19 4dr. Sport and it is not clipped towards the back but I think that is by design. It's just a piece of plastic covering the vent ducts. I won't worry about it too much.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I just wanted to confirm that it was not missing a clip or something. Seems odd that they would design it like that but it is what it is.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 03:57 PM

2019 Crosstrek here.
Funny, I noticed the same thing when I took out the glove box and bottom plastic panel to better secure the dealer-installed remote starter module. (The dealer had left a label on the remote starter harness and had not correctly zip-tied the module, resulting in a rattle).
I was planing on stuffing some foam between that panel and the heater ducking right above it to prevent any rattle, but haven't hear it rattling yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page