WUA86: HK Reprogram - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
WUA86: HK Reprogram

I logged into MySubaru account today and saw I had Service Campaign WUA86 active effective January 2nd. Anyone else get notification about this? I searched the forum "WUA86" and didn't see anyone mention it.

WUA86 - In the interest of customer satisfaction, Subaru of America, Inc. (Subaru) is initiating a service program to update the Harman Kardon head unit on certain vehicles with the latest version of software.
cdicorpo likes this.

Subaru Ambassador

'17 LRP Impreza Sport 5dr CVT
'18 CGK Crosstrek Premium CVT
post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:11 AM

Yup, I got the message too. I had the unit updated at the end of November while I had the car in to reset the TPMS for the winter tires. So I don’t know if that was the latest update or not, guess I have to call and find out. The unit seems to be working fine, so I won’t update until I put the summer tires back on in March/April.

2017 Impreza Sport
My other car is a Miata
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 02:09 PM

I just checked and have one as well. I am guessing that since it was released on January 2, 2019, that this is an additional update from that previously performed when I took it in before Christmas. I will check with my dealer and lead tech to see what the version is and how that compares to what I have in the car now. Could be one in the same but interesting that the bulletin is dated after the first of the year. If anyone hears anything sooner, please post.

Subaru Ambassador
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 05:42 PM

Nothing in mine, but I plan to see about getting it updated anyway when I take mine in for service next. It's due within the next month or so.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to set the appointment. Everything has been working fine with mine for the most part. I honestly don't really use it that much so I can't really offer too much of an opinion.

I've already had the H/U replaced once. It's been much better.

Subaru Ambassador

post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 05:34 PM

I just talked to my dealer about this recall (WUA86). This is to upgrade the HK head unit software to U0.18.43.20, which I already upgraded to through the Navi map software upgrade (upgrading the map software to 99_6759_9121) which also upgrades the head unit software.

Even though MySubaru.com indicates I am subject to this recall, the dealer says I don't need it since I'm already on the latest software. Just FYI...

Don in Pioneer, CA
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
ADF Lift Kit 1.5" (F), 1 7/8" (R)
Lapis Blue Pearl
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I made my appointment today. I haven't had any S/W updates since my last inspection so I'm probably due for one. I'll be in and out in an hour. It gives me a reason to look at new Forester.

Subaru Ambassador

post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1100a View Post
I just talked to my dealer about this recall (WUA86). This is to upgrade the HK head unit software to U0.18.43.20, which I already upgraded to through the Navi map software upgrade (upgrading the map software to 99_6759_9121) which also upgrades the head unit software.
AWESOME news! So no trip to the dealer for me either

Subaru Ambassador
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1100a View Post

Even though MySubaru.com indicates I am subject to this recall, the dealer says I don't need it since I'm already on the latest software. Just FYI...
I contacted SOA about this - for me it was not showing up in MySubaru but it was on the recall site for our VIN, and we had the upgrade done at a dealer in December. The reply was that they haven't synced their systems yet related to this recall. You can also download it as part of a map upgrade if you have nav.

'18 Crosstrek Limited, DGM, with HK/nav package
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 01:17 AM

Looks like I now have the service campaign as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page