Nobody Has Aftermarket Wheels Yet??? - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 98Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Nobody Has Aftermarket Wheels Yet???

i am shocked that i can't find one single pic of any 2017 Impreza with aftermarket wheels. i am getting ready to pull the trigger on new shoes for my wife's car, Konig Oversteer 18x8s and was just googling to try and find another Impreza with them and came up empty. but, i did find a bunch of other cars with them, so i will more than likely place my order Monday. i will get the Opal color and those should look pretty good on her Lithium Red Pearl. i will post pics once they are installed...will probably sell the factory wheels/tires/tpms as well...
jlnrjlw and HolyGrall like this.
post #2 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:36 PM

Garage
I was just thinking about searching for the '17 with aftermarket wheels. I was thinking about running the OEM yokahoma's on bronze finished wheels as I thought it'd look pretty sharp with the carbide gray body.
post #3 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

we were gonna go the bronze color route ourselves but couldn't actually find a wheel we liked good enough to do so. full disclosure, if i could find a "cheap" set of the WRX 18" stock wheels, i would buy the adapters from subispeed and run those powder coated bronze...im not a huge fan of "aftermarket" wheels honestly, because every set i have ever had just didn't live up to the ride quality of factory wheels.
HolyGrall likes this.

post #4 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017SportHatch View Post
we were gonna go the bronze color route ourselves but couldn't actually find a wheel we liked good enough to do so. full disclosure, if i could find a "cheap" set of the WRX 18" stock wheels, i would buy the adapters from subispeed and run those powder coated bronze...im not a huge fan of "aftermarket" wheels honestly, because every set i have ever had just didn't live up to the ride quality of factory wheels.
I would like to pick up some beautiful BBS's, as they're known for quality, but I've never gone aftermarket wheels before. Think it's worth going to 18x8?
post #5 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

yeah the wheels i was originally looking at were 18x8, but just did the research on the stock WRX 18" rims and i don't think they'd fit. they are 18x8.5 with 55 offset. I'm afraid by the time i add the adapters to make the bolt pattern work they would stick out from under the fender. oh well, the search will continue. i was almost certain i was gonna pull the trigger on the Konig Oversteer but now i am not sure...
post #6 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 PM

Garage
I'm thinking the BBS SR is the way to go....
post #7 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

those look good, but not my style. man i hate when i know what i want but NOBODY makes it...
post #8 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:31 PM

I've got aftermarket wheels, just no car to put them on yet. The "3 to 4 weeks" for my car delivery turned into 8 weeks. However, I went with 16" to go with the stock 16" tires.

2.0i Base, MT5. Only the necessities, plus a few extras... like custom center console tray, phone holder, sunglass holder, rear seat AC vent, COBB shift lever & Rallisport engine tune w/o rev hang.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlushbox4Me View Post
I've got aftermarket wheels, just no car to put them on yet. The "3 to 4 weeks" for my car delivery turned into 8 weeks. However, I went with 16" to go with the stock 16" tires.
what wheels did ya get?
post #10 of 205 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Enkei M52 in hyper black (dark grey)

Last edited by NoSlushbox4Me; 04-01-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: stupid spelling auto-correct system

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page