What to love or hate about the 2017+ Subaru Impreza? - Page 9 - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 AM

The fact that the power button on the head unit is just a mute button infuriates me. I listen to loud tunes on the way home from work. I hit the "power" button when I get home and then turn off my car. I get in the car in the morning and start it. The radio is no longer muted and is now playing at the power that I was listening to Slayer the night before. I go to panic mode because the volume surprised me and now I can't change the volume for 5~ seconds because of the idiot warning on the screen. Makes me want to take a hammer to it every time it happens. Also, why the **** can't I turn the volume up or down when in reverse? Sometimes the head unit has a delay turning on and waits until I am in reverse to kick on my radio at high volume. Not a big deal but I have traded cars for less.
acole4VT likes this.
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:48 AM

Garage
Most new cars have it that way with the radio screen and the on/off/mute button. If you hold the button down it will turn the radio off.

Same with being locked out with radio functions while in reverse with the reverse camera on.

Both of my other brand cars do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Titote and Wrinklmeat like this.

2018 Sport Hatchback
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraiolo1 View Post
Most new cars have it that way with the radio screen and the on/off/mute button. If you hold the button down it will turn the radio off.

Same with being locked out with radio functions while in reverse with the reverse camera on.

Both of my other brand cars do the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did not know about holding the button down. That changes things. Thanks

post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:39 AM

I generally like the car. It has a nice ride and is fun to drive. I think it is noisy when it comes to outside noise. When other vehicles pass by it kind of sounds like a window is open. The exhaust system could be quieter also.
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 03:52 PM

So far I've owned the 2019 sport 5spd for 1000 miles. Finally done with the break in period, so I can punch it bit.

Likes: Ride quality, handling, looks, AWD, big windows and visibility, quiet cabin, price. Easy roof rack install. Overall positive on all of the main factors which is why i bought it!

Dislikes: 5spd fuel economy and power. Paint and body dings easily. No LED adaptive lights on sport trim. Seats have no lumbar support, not stiff enough or bolstered enough. USB port placement is poor.

Quirks: Interior dash plastics, leatherette, touch screen, and rear hatch collect dust as if it were their intended purpose. Wish I could turn off the eco gauge, it's distracting. Want the Starlink Screen to turn off automatically when it's idle (hoping a future firmware update can add this option). The center armrest has no effective organizing dividers, it's just a box. Wish there were someplace aside from cupholders to hold a phone when plugged in.
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:29 AM

Yes, “USB port placement is poor.” And carplay does not work through a hub. Android does.

Impreza 2018-premium-eyesight
DDPai cameras-spoiler - 1” lift
fog lights - white or yellowish
& proud of it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:37 PM

Love: Styling, interior, high flake paint, aftermarket parts availability.
Hate: Horribly thin clear coat with extremely soft paint, underpowered engine (still decent for the money), production quality, random noises / rattles.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Not a hate, but one thing I would like on my Limited is memory seats and mirrors. When we travel my wife and I swap driving hourly. Memory seats would be greatly appreciated since the Impreza is our travel vehicle.

And do wish there was a USB port in the front. Have thought about trying to move the existing port from the armrest bin.
Titote, harsushi and iamimprezed like this.

‘19 Impreza Limited, Magnetite Gray Metallic

Last edited by JJ830; 05-11-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page