What to love or hate about the 2017+ Subaru Impreza? - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Thumbs up What to love or hate about the 2017+ Subaru Impreza?

If you can share a few things about your ownership of the 5th Gen 2017+ Subaru Impreza, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 05:43 PM

Garage
Where do I start ?

Hate: underpowered engine, 7 gear CVT, Infotainment system, information screens that either display duplicate info, or useless info.

Love: The color ? oh! Paddle Shifters

-----%[email protected]
2017 Island Blue Impreza Sport CVT
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
From a Sport 5dr CVT owner...

Hate:
Engine Stutter at low speeds: apparently this goes away after the break in, but it's really annoying. It happens when the car is between 15-25mph.

Daytime Running Lights: I'd rather the Sport have fog lights as a standard option instead of DRL's. Yes, I know with a bit of work they can be changed, but I'd prefer a standard option for something like this.

Love:
Lithium Red Pearl Paint: I told myself to stay away from another red car...yeah that didn't last long.

HK Audio: The bass is pretty good with the music I listen to.

Cargo Room: Coming from a '13 Corolla S this can hold a good bit more room.

Driving: This car handles well on curvy roads and is a lot of fun to drive.
LordHypnos and GreenClouds like this.

Subaru Ambassador

'17 LRP Impreza Sport 5dr CVT
'18 CGK Crosstrek Premium CVT

post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 PM

A bit strong, I prefer dislike because I don't "hate" anything about this car but:

Dislike: not much but I would like to see a Turbo option for those of us who like power. Even if it raises the price a couple grand. DRL should have the option to be turned on and off at driver's discretion. No LED option for American Sport Model.

Love: Color, Handling, Braking, Interior Space
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coletrain View Post
Engine Stutter at low speeds: apparently this goes away after the break in, but it's really annoying. It happens when the car is between 15-25mph.
I came here to say this. 6000Km in and it still annoys me almost daily. it seems to be an issue dropping from '2nd' to '1st" or whatever the CVT equivalent is. I've raised it with the dealer about 4 times (i've had a few issues...) and everytime they say no fault found.
acole4VT likes this.
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
I came here to say this. 6000Km in and it still annoys me almost daily. it seems to be an issue dropping from '2nd' to '1st" or whatever the CVT equivalent is. I've raised it with the dealer about 4 times (i've had a few issues...) and everytime they say no fault found.
Yes, it's the same from dropping 2nd to 1st in my CVT. In another forum I've seen people report this and say it goes away over time especially after the first 1,000 miles. Based of your km's you are well past that though. Coincidentally, I'm bringing in my car today for a control module replacement in the infotainment system. I plan on discussing this with them. I'll update you with what they say.

Subaru Ambassador

'17 LRP Impreza Sport 5dr CVT
'18 CGK Crosstrek Premium CVT
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 AM
rkh

Garage
We've put about 4000miles on ours now, 3500 of it in the last month.

Plenty of power for an interstate highway cruiser, gets to and holds 70+ mph easily from an on ramp and holds it well even in the East Coast USA version of hills. Passes with ease.
Gas Mileage. Hwy with minor incursions into cities has easily stayed in the upper 30s.
Surprisingly comfortable ride for a small car.
Nice trunk space with room for 4 real adults in the interior.
Tight turning circle.
Tracks well.

Dislikes are limited to engineering design choices that have been covered here before: No auto-lock choice on the doors, no delayed accessory power to allow homelink to operate after turning off the car, lack of engine instrumentation, sound system won't stay off.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Roo - 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0 Premium Sedan Venetian Red Pearl
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 06:26 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

Overall the Impreza
Happy with the car(color,awd, roomy,ride, chassis setup & weather pkg
Not a fan of electronics eg (dash fan noise, battery cca, no cd player, sillplate cover,rear bumper cover & windows popping up on dash )
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Overall compared to my last car (4G Eclipse) the Impreza is so much better. Acceleration is good, once you put your foot to the floor. Would be nice if there was a turbo engine option. It's comfortable on long trips. The infotainment system is great but has it's moments of freezing. Backup camera is crystal clear, compared to other manufacturers. Plenty of cargo space. Paddle shifters are awesome - I use mostly for slowing down on hills or tight corners. Heated seats are perfect in winter. AC could be a little colder. Gas mileage is ok, but only takes like $25-$30 to fill the tank when empty, which is gooooood. AWD is absolutely amazinggggggg in all conditions (snow, wet, dry, sand, etc.). I just wish the cruise control flashing or blinking would be resolved at this point. If I think of anything else I'll add it in.
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 09:45 PM

Lots more personality and fun to drive than my previous Subarus (Legacy wagons)

Cost cutting pressure is obvious over the years. More push in fasteners. The felted fibre product on the floor where you used to find carpet, especially in the cargo bay of the 5 door.

The cheesy filler panel on the base and premium models without foglights... Hate those "bullets" or "nosecones" or whatever they remind you of.
bonkewl53 and acole4VT like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page