Super Moderator

Garage
Looks like they did a great job!

Subaru Ambassador

'17 LRP Impreza Sport 5dr CVT
'18 CGK Crosstrek Premium CVT
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Happy it turned out so well for you. My wife had a rock get shot out of one of those huge tractor mowers and puncture the drivers side quarter panel two weeks after she got her impreza. Took 2 weeks to get it fixed and they screwed up the paint on the entire car with overspray. I spent a full weekend fixing their mistakes with claybar, polish, waxing, cleaning the interior, getting paint off the engine bay and weather stripping, it was horrible. I fought it and got my money back thankfully, but all they wanted to offer was to fix it originally - there was no way I was letting them touch the car again. They also drove it over 120 miles but deny it up and down. The official mileage when we brought it in was never written down on any of their documents conveniently. I learned a lot through the experience - like take a million photos when you drop it off, take video of every part of the car you can, and document everything.

And yes, this is the dealership owned body shop.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I went through an insurance-owned bodyshop. No way in **** will I let a dealership or its affiliates touch my car without me being there. Last time I brought it in, the guy almost gave my car to a random guy willing to pay the $200 bill. Almost stolen right in front of me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinfo View Post
Happy it turned out so well for you. My wife had a rock get shot out of one of those huge tractor mowers and puncture the drivers side quarter panel two weeks after she got her impreza. Took 2 weeks to get it fixed and they screwed up the paint on the entire car with overspray. I spent a full weekend fixing their mistakes with claybar, polish, waxing, cleaning the interior, getting paint off the engine bay and weather stripping, it was horrible. I fought it and got my money back thankfully, but all they wanted to offer was to fix it originally - there was no way I was letting them touch the car again. They also drove it over 120 miles but deny it up and down. The official mileage when we brought it in was never written down on any of their documents conveniently. I learned a lot through the experience - like take a million photos when you drop it off, take video of every part of the car you can, and document everything.

This wouldn't by chance be Modern Body Shop would it???

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, Pearl White
2017 Lexus RC F Sport 200T, Pearl White
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, Tech Pkg, Sport White
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017SportHatch View Post
Quote:

This wouldn't by chance be Modern Body Shop would it???
Nope. I’m guessing they suck a$$, too though lol
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Nope. Iím guessing they suck a$$, too though lol
they do great work actually. but...they don't mask off the interiors are anything when they do body work, so inside of the vehicles are left looking like pure crap. but their paint and body work is top notch if you don't mind cleaning your own car back up when you get it back.

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, Pearl White
2017 Lexus RC F Sport 200T, Pearl White
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, Tech Pkg, Sport White
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017SportHatch View Post
they do great work actually. but...they don't mask off the interiors are anything when they do body work, so inside of the vehicles are left looking like pure crap. but their paint and body work is top notch if you don't mind cleaning your own car back up when you get it back.
That wouldn't have bothered me much. It was mud, dirt, and engine grime all in the interior. The overspray on the other side of the car was caused from paint spray getting up under the tarp, then the tarp laying down on it, so it created smudges of overspray. It was **** to get off.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page