Sport sedan hit in parking lot - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sport sedan hit in parking lot

Today when my wife was leaving home, she got hit by an employee that sat right next to her that seemed to forget to look both ways when turning. I showed up and calmed both parties down, but an accident is an accident. It's just something you never get used to. Car should be fine, we will see how AAA handles this. They were good to me in the past

Currently waiting 90 mins for a free 20 mile tow- can't complain. The upsetting thing is we planned to head up to Tahoe next week, so our plans may end up getting cancelled. I'll update as things progress. From what I saw, there was no visible frame damage and the internals for the engine compartment we're almost untouched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50521_1542105316559.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	907.7 KB
ID:	19404   Click image for larger version

Name:	50518_1542105337354.jpeg
Views:	305
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	19406  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Btw cannot stress enough that anyone who doesn't have a dash cam, GET ONE.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 06:31 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident. If the front wheel was involved there may be alignment and other problems; if it is just body work then you are very lucky! Glad no one was hurt!

2017 Impreza Premium Hatch, CVT, + EyeSight in Island Blue Pearl
Replaced my original 2006 Forester X, 4EAT, 136K

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMySubaru2 View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident. If the front wheel was involved there may be alignment and other problems; if it is just body work then you are very lucky! Glad no one was hurt!
That's my worry too. I hope it doesn't total the car. It wasn't that hard of a hit but I hope I can get the car back before December.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
Btw cannot stress enough that anyone who doesn't have a dash cam, GET ONE.
Do you recommend one in particular?
Thanks

Godbless
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:44 AM

www.thedashcamstore.com

I have the Blackvue DR750S in my car and my wife has the dual channel DR590W. Blackvue is the best IMPO and the price is right and very easy to install.

Subaru Ambassador
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:38 AM

I've been considering a dashcam as well, one factor I want to understand more about is how much of a pain running the wire would be.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:57 AM

Garage
I've got this one, a street guardian: https://amzn.to/2qXSF7Y

When you are looking for reviews keep in mind any dash cam will perform decently during the day. The good ones will stand out with their nighttime performance.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the car back, wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. They did it in just under a week. Very impressed. Now we just wait for the insurance companies to duke it out. They even fixed a few dents on my door, unrelated to the accident.

nicnicm and imprezario like this.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
Got the car back, wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. They did it in just under a week. Very impressed. Now we just wait for the insurance companies to duke it out. They even fixed a few dents on my door, unrelated to the accident.

Can't even tell it happened! Good luck with the insurance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page