Interior accessories for 5th Gen platform - Page 7 - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in any of these items for your car?
Center console drop-in tray with cutout (for 12v access) 24 60.00%
Center console drop-in tray without cutout 7 17.50%
Phones (2) and pens holder (3), fits cup in holder 6 15.00%
Coffee / fountain cup holder, fits cup in holder 8 20.00%
I might have a special request 10 25.00%
Non of these, but maybe interested in some future design 1 2.50%
I don't want any of this stuff 2 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Almost ready to start offering the sunglasses holder. Made some tweaks and need to get some lining material.

2.0i Base, MT5. Only the necessities, plus a few extras... like custom center console tray, phone holder, sunglass holder, rear seat AC vent, COBB shift lever & Rallisport engine tune w/o rev hang.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #62 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlushbox4Me View Post
Almost ready to start offering the sunglasses holder. Made some tweaks and need to get some lining material.

These are awesome!
I see you're form TX, how do the 3D printed accessories hold up in the heat?

2018 Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon (Crystal White Pearl)
2018 Toyota RAV4 Adventure (Super White II)

Rhode Island/Massachusetts
post #63 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

So far everything is holding up well. I print with ABS which is the same material the car interior is made of.

2.0i Base, MT5. Only the necessities, plus a few extras... like custom center console tray, phone holder, sunglass holder, rear seat AC vent, COBB shift lever & Rallisport engine tune w/o rev hang.

post #64 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:33 PM

Garage
Looks great! Sign me up for a unit when you've gotten the bugs all worked out! It would be nice to have a spot to hold your sunglasses handily like there was in the older Subarus. But one question - are you allowing for the power cabling for the powered rear view mirrors?? Figured that you are, but just wanted to check!
post #65 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Sweet! Looks killer.

Stoked about my 2019 Impreza Sport
post #66 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleTim View Post
Looks great! Sign me up for a unit when you've gotten the bugs all worked out! It would be nice to have a spot to hold your sunglasses handily like there was in the older Subarus. But one question - are you allowing for the power cabling for the powered rear view mirrors?? Figured that you are, but just wanted to check!
Yes, this will be compatible with the mirror power cable (I have that too). I think it will also work for eyesight cars, but it might be harder to install on them. I have to stop by the dealership and look at one again to see if the "eyes" are going to block the easy installation method.

post #67 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:53 PM

I'm interested, please let me know how this works out with eyesight. Have considered making a case to replace the driver's oh **** handle?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleTim View Post
Yes, this will be compatible with the mirror power cable (I have that too). I think it will also work for eyesight cars, but it might be harder to install on them. I have to stop by the dealership and look at one again to see if the "eyes" are going to block the easy installation method.
jamesbond006, Titote and uncleTim like this.
post #68 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

I didn't even realize that handle was there on the driver side. I'll have to think about that spot. The handle has a unique way of attaching and it would be pretty close to the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu Biru View Post
I'm interested, please let me know how this works out with eyesight. Have considered making a case to replace the driver's oh **** handle?

post #69 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

I have 3 made, one for me and 2 available. Black would probably be most popular, but I have materials for white, gray, red, and orange also. I haven't had a chance to see how hard it will be to install in an eyesight car yet. I'll update that status later.

If you want one, send me a PM and I'll send you my PayPal address. They will be $35 including shipping in US. For non-US I'll have to check shipping costs. Keep in mind that 3D printed parts are not as perfect as injection molded and cost more to make. But these have turned out pretty nice.

Last edited by NoSlushbox4Me; 04-06-2019 at 08:12 PM.
post #70 of 85 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 02:18 PM

Super interested, can you post pics of it installed and opened?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page