Interior accessories for 5th Gen platform - Page 9 - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in any of these items for your car?
Center console drop-in tray with cutout (for 12v access) 25 60.98%
Center console drop-in tray without cutout 7 17.07%
Phones (2) and pens holder (3), fits cup in holder 6 14.63%
Coffee / fountain cup holder, fits cup in holder 8 19.51%
I might have a special request 11 26.83%
Non of these, but maybe interested in some future design 1 2.44%
I don't want any of this stuff 2 4.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

There's also the option of making a sunglass holder that fits one of the cup holders. I think I could make it fit both a cell phone and a pair of sunglasses.

2.0i Base, MT5. Only the necessities, plus a few extras... like custom center console tray, phone holder, sunglass holder, rear seat AC vent, COBB shift lever & Rallisport engine tune w/o rev hang.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:04 AM

Garage
Hey Folks! Actually went and commissioned @NoSlushbox4Me to create me a sunglass holder. Photos attached. One of the best things I've ever done for my car - no longer will I have to hunt for my sunglasses on the floor after a hard turn. Very nicely made case. I have a nonEyesight Premium with the HomeLink mirror, and installing the case was a snap. Used a plastic panel puller to pry one front corner down about 1/8" and was able to slide the mounting lip (yes, he added a mounting lip (see the last picture)!) over the front edge of the bezel, holding the front edge of the eyeglass case down a smidge to slide over the mirror power cable - and it's done! Actually took me a lot longer to find the panel pry tool in my tool chest than it did to actually mount the case. Very nice case, lined, with a magnetic latch to keep the case shut. And he provided very detailed installation instructions, I just figured I'd use the plastic panel tool since I had it. Well done, @NoSlushbox4Me, well done. 5 stars!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	case 1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	20690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case 2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	20692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case 3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	20694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Case side view.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	20696  
GreenClouds likes this.
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:22 AM

Garage
Forgot to add - besides the mounting lip, the full-length hinge, and the magnetic latch, NoSlushbox4Me also added several felt bumpers on the top that rubs against the window to keep from abrading the circuitry up there. Plus, the photos don't show the color off correctly, it's silver and is closer in color to the side view than any of the other photos. Since the boss's Subaru gets the spot inside the garage, mine does tend to get a bit more sun and figured a lighter color would absorb less heat.

post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

I'm glad you like it. I think the non-eyesight cars have just the right available space for a holder and the car interior comes with enough different colors in it from Subaru that I think the silver blends in nicely. I thought about a snap latch, but decided magnets are simpler and hold all the parts tightly when closed to prevent it from rattling. So far mine hasn't added any noises to my interior, so I think I did ok with that. The pads against the windshield help with that too.

2.0i Base, MT5. Only the necessities, plus a few extras... like custom center console tray, phone holder, sunglass holder, rear seat AC vent, COBB shift lever & Rallisport engine tune w/o rev hang.

post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Some sunglass holder options for inside the center console. I made option 1A for my son's sunglasses. The pictures are before adding lining. He was a bit jealous of my overhead but seems to be satisfied that he has a spot now too.

Options 1A and 2A would be $25 shipped in US. Options 1B, 1C, 2B, and 2C would be $35 shipped in US. Shipping costs for outside of US might be higher. Send me a PM if interested.

post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:27 PM

Just wanted to say these are awesome and I'll be ordering a center console glasses holder for sure, but I might order a windshield holder. I'm tired of keeping my sunglasses in the glove box.

For the windshield sunglass holder, how is it mounted? Is it adhesive? I miss having one of those from when I drove a Mazda 3.
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:01 PM

Since I don't have a post count of 15 yet I can't send private messages. -_- I'd like to order option 1A in black. Let me know where to paypal you and I'll send the money your way. I'm in the US.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamatpoo View Post
For the windshield sunglass holder, how is it mounted? Is it adhesive? I miss having one of those from when I drove a Mazda 3.
No adhesive needed, it hangs in place tightly enough without. These are my installation instructions:

To install, you pull up on the front edge of the overhead console slightly (from either driver side or passenger side) to allow the edge of the sunglass holder L-flange to be slipped into that gap, then slide it toward the center. If you have the homelink dimming mirror, first slide down the top portion of the plastic wire harness cover. When the sunglass holder windshield pad gets to the wires, slightly pull the sunglass holder away from the windshield so it can skip past the wires. Then slide the plastic wire harness cover back up once the sunglass holder is in place.

These instructions make a little more sense when you have the holder in hand to examine.
salamatpoo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page