NEW HK Headunit Update Available - Page 24 - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #231 of 234 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
My car was done on Monday 04/01/19 and version says Rel_U0.18.43.20.

I did have it switch from the AA page to the Home page twice by itself so far.
Yep, that's the latest for the '18 with the Gen 3.0 HU.
fredriv likes this.

'18 Crosstrek Limited, DGM, with HK/nav package
post #232 of 234 (permalink) Old Today, 01:53 PM

Dealer finally decided to replace the whole head unit, after countless attempts to update the firmware with nothing being changed or improved. (Blank screens, frozen screen, no back up view, disappearaing stations, no audio, no NAV, etc).

Then when the dealership was replacing the infotainment unit, they damaged the dash, leaving a hole in the material as well as damaged one of the HVAC vents when someone used a screwdriver or anything but the proper plastic removal tools and left a piece of the plastic material as it was. Then they tried to return the car to me as is, like I wasn't going to notice that there was damage done to the car.

Now awaiting for the replacement parts to arrive, and yet another unnecessary trip back to the dealership.

But at least the infotainment unit works now. Congrats Subaru. Job well done*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'17 Impreza Sport-Tech
'90 4A-GE, '00 1ZZ-FE
'88 VW MKII, '88 Datsun

R.I.P. LM. 05/13
post #233 of 234 (permalink) Old Today, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Dealer finally decided to replace the whole head unit, after countless attempts to update the firmware with nothing being changed or improved. (Blank screens, frozen screen, no back up view, disappearaing stations, no audio, no NAV, etc).

Then when the dealership was replacing the infotainment unit, they damaged the dash, leaving a hole in the material as well as damaged one of the HVAC vents when someone used a screwdriver or anything but the proper plastic removal tools and left a piece of the plastic material as it was. Then they tried to return the car to me as is, like I wasn't going to notice that there was damage done to the car.

Now awaiting for the replacement parts to arrive, and yet another unnecessary trip back to the dealership.

But at least the infotainment unit works now. Congrats Subaru. Job well done*
Yikes! I guess blame the dealership, not Subaru...

Did you get the same gen HU? I'm curious if they are replacing the older 3.0 HUs with 3.1 units. What firmware did you get?

'18 Crosstrek Limited, DGM, with HK/nav package

post #234 of 234 (permalink) Old Today, 08:17 PM

Garage
Took my 2017 Premium in to update the software last month. Surprisingly they did update it to the current release. Android Auto works like a champ now, no lost radio presets, and no more 'media loading' messages. And for the first couple weeks everything was fine - but now, when I leave my iPod hooked up via USB and I start the car with the system on 'media', probably half the time the screen is frozen and you can't get the iPod to start playing until you switch to the radio, then switch back. I have to see them again in a couple of weeks - will bring it to their attention, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.