Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Bulletin Number: 15-211-17R; Revised 07/25/18 Page 4 of 17
• Operation of the head unit after switching the ignition off and back on has been revised:
PREVIOUS Version: The head unit power is turned OFF by pressing the Power/Volume knob for 4 or more seconds. On the next ignition ON, the display remains OFF / black while the audio begins playing automatically. This was the prior characteristic operation.
NEW Version: The head unit power is turned OFF by pressing the Power/Volume knob for 4 or more seconds. On the next ignition ON, the display remains OFF / black and the audio will also be OFF until the Power/Volume knob is pressed to turn the head unit back ON.
• The Mute function of the Power / Volume knob (a brief press and release of the Power / Volume knob to mute audio output) is unchanged.
• A “system reboot” function is initiated by pressing and holding the Power / Volume button for 10 seconds. This feature was included as part of the previous (11/2017) software update.
• An enhancement of Voice Recognition feature has been made for improved HVAC system interface and recognition of temperatures requested in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. EXAMPLE: “Set temperature to 75.” With the previous version, the system interpreted “75” as degrees Celsius which would have been 167 degrees Fahrenheit and outside system parameters. As a result, there was no response from the HVAC system.
Additional Symptoms and Enhancements addressed by previous updates and also included in this latest (July 2018) update:
1- No streaming audio. When using the Pandora® app, there is no audio output.
Bulletin Number: 15-211-17R; Revised 07/25/18 Page 5 of 17
2- “Media is loading” is displayed on the screen but, the media never completes loading.
3- The screen freezes when the STARLINK screen is displayed.
NOTE: The following conditions were addressed in the previous software version update (and WTN-74R) but, this one update incorporates all prior updates.
1- Radio station presets disappear (touch screen buttons return to “Initializing”).
Bulletin Number: 15-211-17R; Revised 07/25/18
Page 6 of 17
2- STARLINK “Telematics Service in Progress” screen freezes.
3- Apple Car Play / Android Auto function does not operate (“No Device Connected”).
4- The complete guidance route can be displayed.
5- A Longitude and Latitude search feature has been added.
6- A “Beep” notification feature has been added for driving time and rest periods.
For reference, the previously released WTN-74R symptoms are also provided below. The main purpose of WTN-74R was to address display screen freeze-up during Back-Up Camera display (when the shifter is in “R”). In addition, the screen may also freeze when either the Subaru STARLINK or Disclaimer Caution / I Agree screen is displayed.
Bulletin Number: 15-211-17R; Revised 07/25/18 Page 7 of 17
The previously released WTN-74R updates also addressed these additional operational conditions:
1) After switching the vehicle (ACC or IGN) on, the display screen goes black with no audio output and the hard key buttons are illuminated (on solid, or flashing / blinking).
2) Time of day displayed in the MFD (Multi-Function Display) is incorrect and the arrival time displayed in Navigation units is also incorrect.
3) The time in the MFD automatically reverts to a “default” setting, even after setting the time using “Manual” mode.
4) Audio volume goes to maximum automatically after one click of the volume up button on the steering wheel. In some cases, this condition may also occur without input from the operator. Maximum volume is also displayed on the screen.
Bulletin Number: 15-211-17R; Revised 07/25/18 Page 8 of 17
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover