Subaru Gold Plus Extended Warranty - Page 4 - 5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
For anyone in the market for any new Suby, or looking to add a warranty to your existing car that's within warranty, I'm good friends with the Finance Manager at Stamford Subaru in CT. He will sell anyone on this forum any Subaru Gold Plus warranty of your choice at his cost. Feel free to call him anytime and I have posted all of his contact information below. It can be done over the phone in about 5 minutes and he will accept a credit card as payment and will spread your payments out over 10-months interest free so affordability is not an issue. Give Luke a call and tell him Larry, Securityguy, referred you and he'll take awesome care of you!

Luke Corcione
Financial Services Manager
Main: 203-252-2222
Off: Thursdays and Sundays

does this Subaru Gold Plus Extended Warranty apply to cars purchased in Canada as well or is it only sold and valid in the US?
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Call Luke and ask...great question and not sure. I am thinking only US but worth a phone call.

Subaru Ambassador
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:50 AM

I just picked up a 5year 100,000 mile Subaru Gold Plus plan with zero deductible plan from Luke for $1305 plus $82.87 tax for a total of $1387.87. Extremely easy to deal with. I sent him an email requesting a quote. He called back this morning. It took 5 minutes on the phone and I had a copy of the contract in my email before I hung up the phone.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM

On the Outback Forum, there is a lively discussion about states where the State Insurance Commission regulates extended warranties and requires that they be bought in state. California comes up frequently and the price for the extended warranty is really high there. I’ve bought them out of state many times but I’m not in California. Something to be aware of.

4 years ago, Mastria in Raynham MA was the low cost Subaru Gold source. Stamford Subaru seems to have replaced them.

I don’t do it that way but the best strategy is probably to buy the extended warranty right before the car goes off warranty. That way, you’re not tying up the money for those 2 to 3 years before the 3/36k warranty expires.

It wasn’t available 4 years ago but you can now get an 8/120k warranty. I have the 7/100. I would have paid the extra to bound the ownership costs for another year/20,000 miles.
hockeykid53 likes this.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:59 PM
C J
Super Moderator

Garage
Just to be clear this is a SUBARU warranty correct?

Because those extra warranties that are sold by other companies are a complete rip off and VERY hard to get out of.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Just to be clear this is a SUBARU warranty correct?

Because those extra warranties that are sold by other companies are a complete rip off and VERY hard to get out of.

Yep. A Subaru warranty. Stamford (CT) Subaru emerged as the low cost source a couple of years ago on the Outback forum. They were several hundred dollars cheaper than Mastria (Raynham MA) which was the previous low cost source and where I bought mine. If nothing else, it gives you leverage with your local dealership if their finance guy is trying to rake you over the coals on an extended warranty.

I always buy them. It's cheap mechanical insurance that bounds the cost of ownership. Mine just went off the 60K factory power train warranty. I sleep better knowing I have a couple more years of bumper-2-bumper coverage.
C J likes this.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:29 AM

Tag for future.Should I buy extended now or wait? because I just got it brand new for less than a month.
Is it ok to buy out of state warranty for Californian?
hockeykid53 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 2019Impreza; 04-14-2019 at 01:32 AM.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019Impreza View Post
Tag for future.Should I buy extended now or wait? because I just got it brand new for less than a month.
You can buy one any time until the factory 3yr expires. Of course, there's the possibility that the price will increase or Subaru will change the terms if it's costing them too much and you haven't locked it in. They must be taking a bath on the head unit debacle...

If you intend to keep the car a long time it's a good insurance policy as there are so many expensive electronic systems that could go wrong. I'd say keep on the lookout for a deal.

'18 Crosstrek Limited, DGM, with HK/nav package
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

You can't buy your warranty out of state as CA will not allow it so you have get raped by your local dealer on the price. I would buy it now as the prices do go up and never down.

Subaru Ambassador
2017 5DR Limited w/ES/NAV
WeatherTech Floor Mats
Crosstrek Plastic Rear Bumper Cover
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by securityguy View Post
You can't buy your warranty out of state as CA will not allow it so you have get raped by your local dealer on the price. I would buy it now as the prices do go up and never down.
I've not heard of that before. There are lots of dealers around the US offering warranty deals to anyone our of state (without a disclaimer that they can't sell one to Californians). Do you have a reference to the CA regulation? Or is it a SOA thing?

'18 Crosstrek Limited, DGM, with HK/nav package

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page