5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Nobody Has Aftermarket Wheels Yet???

164K views 251 replies 109 participants last post by  sb_rs 
#1 ·
i am shocked that i can't find one single pic of any 2017 Impreza with aftermarket wheels. i am getting ready to pull the trigger on new shoes for my wife's car, Konig Oversteer 18x8s and was just googling to try and find another Impreza with them and came up empty. but, i did find a bunch of other cars with them, so i will more than likely place my order Monday. i will get the Opal color and those should look pretty good on her Lithium Red Pearl. i will post pics once they are installed...will probably sell the factory wheels/tires/tpms as well...

#3 ·
we were gonna go the bronze color route ourselves but couldn't actually find a wheel we liked good enough to do so. full disclosure, if i could find a "cheap" set of the WRX 18" stock wheels, i would buy the adapters from subispeed and run those powder coated bronze...im not a huge fan of "aftermarket" wheels honestly, because every set i have ever had just didn't live up to the ride quality of factory wheels.

Reactions: HolyGrall
#5 ·
yeah the wheels i was originally looking at were 18x8, but just did the research on the stock WRX 18" rims and i don't think they'd fit. they are 18x8.5 with 55 offset. I'm afraid by the time i add the adapters to make the bolt pattern work they would stick out from under the fender. oh well, the search will continue. i was almost certain i was gonna pull the trigger on the Konig Oversteer but now i am not sure...

#8 ·
I've got aftermarket wheels, just no car to put them on yet. The "3 to 4 weeks" for my car delivery turned into 8 weeks. :( However, I went with 16" to go with the stock 16" tires.

#10 · (Edited)
Enkei M52 in hyper black (dark grey)

#12 ·
after what feels like days/weeks searching for wheels to our liking i think we have decided to hold off on purchasing any for now. now i am thinking of simply adding wheel spacers from Subispeed to make the factory wheels sit flush to the fender. i will pull off one of the wheels this week and make sure spacers can be used on these wheels and if so, this is the route we will go. thanks everybody for the help.

#14 ·
carid has about the same wheels tire rack and discount tire has. nothing that is really to our liking. well, not enough to change the stock wheels anyway. i think with spacers if i can get the wheels flush or really close i will be happy.

#17 ·
just went out in the garage and did some quick measurements. looks like there is about 5/8" to the fender edge on the front wheel and about 7/8" to the fender edge on the rear wheel. which translates roughly to just under 16mm spacers needed for the front and a lil over 22mm needed for the rear.

#19 ·
i can now confirm, you CANT run spacers on the Sport models with factory 18" wheels. the pockets in the back of the wheels next to the lug holes are not deep enough to accommodate the length of the stock lug studs. if you modify your factory lug studs you can run spacers but you will have to shorten them one way or another. so, that leaves me back to searching for wheels. i have narrowed it down to 2 different wheels. Sparco Trofeo 5 in Bronze or Motegi MR131 Tracklite also in Bronze.

#21 ·
I'm not on the forums much . But I did post a pic of my wife's Impreza on the "owners registry " section. Same day the car was delivered to us it had its new aftermarket wheels and tires installed. Sold the factory rims and tires the next day .

Attachments

#23 ·
Car arrived this morning. Off with the steelies, on with the new rims.

Attachments

#27 ·
The TSW rims are actually my second set of the same brand i used on a lexus i had.

Never had an issue with TSW at all which is why i got them again for my subaru.

There are horror stories for other after market brands. (Don't want to mention the names on here) but TSW was not one of them.

No need to be concerned if the product has proven itself already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.