5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

only one is available... which would you want it to be?

• the third option but also because i would get a custom or aftermarket bumper

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m back and forth on which I like better. I think the ‘17-‘19 front bumper is better from a front profile, but I think I like the ‘20 front bumper from the ‘side’ or diagonal profile more. I would actually choose the ‘20 front bumper if I had to pick which is better. Maybe it’s cause I drive the ‘20 and got used to it before I even realized they changed the front end this year. I think it’s more so because it somehow seems to accentuate the bottom ‘lip’ on the bumper making it a little more sporty and appears more aerodynamic. See respective orientations in question attached

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer the 2020+ bumper because of the bottom grill looks like one piece.

And also because mine is a 2020.
Good thing it’s not likely this car will ever have a big fancy aftermarket Intercooler on it. The car would look dumb with a big gap there. If it were more feasible to turbo and power-add this car, I’d opt to swap with the old bumper. But I like my 2020 bumper a lot!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Thought I'd chime in here. Not sure what that first pic is from but that mouth is fugly the second pic I think is from the 17-19? my 2020 does not look like any of these just odd simi confused.. Am sure others are a tad aswell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I'd chime in here. Not sure what that first pic is from but that mouth is fugly the second pic I think is from the 17-19? my 2020 does not look like any of these just odd simi confused.. Am sure others are a tad aswell.
Yeah second one is the 17-19 but my 2020 looks like the first one

·
Registered
38 Posts
^ I like the 2020 sport bumper better than the rest. Looks more unique and modern. I’m trying to find a used one on eBay, but they’re all the 17-19, or the non sport model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Gee, looking at that front-end shot no wonder I wanted an Impreza so badly. It looks just like my old Volvo.

Just swap out the Subaru badge for a Volvo badge and I would say "Yep that's a modernized S40"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ I like the 2020 sport bumper better than the rest. Looks more unique and modern. I’m trying to find a used one on eBay, but they’re all the 17-19, or the non sport model.
Need this with the fogs compatible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont know what Subaru is doing. The new Outback is awsome with 2.4 turbo, except the front and rear bumper.
The new Impreza is awsome, except the new front bumper.
The new Legacy is awasome with the 2.4 turbo, except the front bumper.

Cladding central.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know what Subaru is doing. The new Outback is awsome with 2.4 turbo, except the front and rear bumper.
The new Impreza is awsome, except the new front bumper.
The new Legacy is awasome with the 2.4 turbo, except the front bumper.

Cladding central.
Perhaps they’ll get over it? I agree with folks above that the sport bumper on the 2020 Impreza does look pretty dope. I wish I could keep my fog lights on the Premium and get the sport bumper. I did read about the SubiSpeed(?) harness that allows you to use the DLRs like fogs, but I like the round fogs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts