5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Recently got a ‘20 Hatchback Sport in July. Today I just noticed some condensation or something in the headlights. Has anyone experienced this? It was below freezing this morning if that’s anything. Worth bringing it to the dealer?
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
102 Posts
Given that water expands upon freezing, I think this it normal. There will always be some small break in the seal where water can squeeze in thru thru expansion. After all, these are subarus made in indiana. Not the best quality , as if come to find with my Impreza. When it’s below 20 degree, the car rattles much more than normal until warmed up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey everyone! Recently got a ‘20 Hatchback Sport in July. Today I just noticed some condensation or something in the headlights. Has anyone experienced this? It was below freezing this morning if that’s anything. Worth bringing it to the dealer? View attachment 26896
View attachment 26897
And I have a 2015 f150 with condensation in the LED side mirror light for a couple years now and there’s been no problems. I think it’s fine. After all, every time you have the Bulbs on it creates heat and can evaporate this condensation from there. That’s what I notice in my Ford

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
In the back of the lamp assemblies there is an air break vent to let pressure in an out. It will prevent water from getting in short of putting the lens under water. I suppose if there is enough humidity in the air and it condenses you could get some fogging. It should go away with the headlamps coming on,when things heat up. However, if it gets too bad, like if you saw that after driving through a rain storm, that would mean a breach in the seal around the lens. That will be covered if it's still under warranty assuming the lens itself doesn't have a crack from a rock. The other thing is if you have changed your bulbs and didn't get the bulb housing back in there properly with the gasket seated correctly, that could cause it too.

If that happened and you haven't done anything to the lens assembly, bulb changes or cracks etc. See if it goes away after driving around with the headlamps on. If it comes back espically after a rain I'd have the dealer look at it, or at least log that it happened while you are still covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts