5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,131 Posts
Those look good. I had a 2016 BRZ and when I went to put some Subaru wheels on that I had, for winter tires, I found out that the TPMS system in the BRZ was a Toyota brain. The Subaru wheels would not communicate with the car. The TPMS sensors were not compatible. Is that also the case for the 2017? Did you have the sensors moved over or just put some black tape over the light? That's what I did on my BRZ in the winter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look good. I had a 2016 BRZ and when I went to put some Subaru wheels on that I had, for winter tires, I found out that the TPMS system in the BRZ was a Toyota brain. The Subaru wheels would not communicate with the car. The TPMS sensors were not compatible. Is that also the case for the 2017? Did you have the sensors moved over or just put some black tape over the light? That's what I did on my BRZ in the winter.
oh! i should have mentioned... wheels didn't come with TPMS sensors so i had them moved over from the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota 86, 2020 Impreza
71 Posts
They look good. I was considering throwing my 86 wheels on the imp come summer since I haven't seen any on a sedan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They're identical.
The only difference is the offset. BRZ offset is 48. It will push the face of the wheel father out closer to the fender.
Thank you, I found some for sale near me and was worried the bore was tapered because of a different forum. I pulled the trigger and just got done putting them on and I’m pleased with how they look and fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I also put BRZ wheels on my impreza, but I found the front wheels were so close to brake system, do you have the same situation?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts