5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's eighties here right now :)... going away with the cold front tomorrow but it'll be warm a while longer, fall's not over here. Trees haven't really turned yet, late this year. It's been hot.

I just noted the snow you're now getting. Visits to MN convinced me, I preferred WV's weather and seasons. But I saw the value there, for those whose interests it fits. I lived in New England for thirty years, and acclimated fine, just always wanted back here. Took too long.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's eighties here right now :)... going away with the cold front tomorrow but it'll be warm a while longer, fall's not over here. Trees haven't really turned yet, late this year. It's been hot.

I just noted the snow you're now getting. Visits to MN convinced me, I preferred WV's weather and seasons. But I saw the value there, for those whose interests it fits. I lived in New England for thirty years, and acclimated fine, just always wanted back here. Took too long.

Enjoy.
Minnesota born and raised! As nice as it's treated me I desire the sun much more. That said, this car has made me appreciate snowfall again!
I just can't handle the six month long winters and never seeing it light outside. Go to work, dark. Leave work, dark. Just gets old and I can feel myself get crotchety. lol
Im jealous of the eighties!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Minnesota born and raised! As nice as it's treated me I desire the sun much more. That said, this car has made me appreciate snowfall again!
I just can't handle the six month long winters and never seeing it light outside. Go to work, dark. Leave work, dark. Just gets old and I can feel myself get crotchety. lol
Im jealous of the eighties!
That almost sums up me in MA. Although I wasn't born there, as my first 19 years were here, I feel like I grew up there. I learned to appreciate the many great attributes of living in the Boston area, a lot. And I miss it still.

But that last paragraph of yours describes what finally got to me. Moving back here I found out what SAD was. It's long gone although the occasional winter lasts long enough to remind me of how it affected my mood and outlook. But even in wintertime it's never without the good days here. Some, like last winter, it never snowed enough to drive in but once, and that was only two inches. But they can be bad... incredibly bad. When I first returned in 1990 the first couple winters were worse than any up there. Major rivers became frozen tundras. But Subaru to the rescue! My first was a '91 Legacy wagon... and I've never looked back. Never will, regardless of where I live or go.

Sure wish I'd have had one back then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts