5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just recently bought a base 19' Impreza hatch with the 5spd. Good with cars and bikes so do most things myself. New to Subaru though so figured I'd make an account to make life easier. Car is for my wife I drive a '10 Titan usually but I've been breaking it in first. She still needs to learn, or rather get good at driving stick. Fun little car I love it so far. So far I installed a "nameless" axle back exhaust and some weathertechs. Got the 5" muffler. Just wanted a little sound to make it easier to hear / feel without looking at the tach. Sound is absolutely perfect. 100% recommend

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what's the ratio of manual vs auto is Subaru world. I had a heck of a time getting a manual, esp in this color. Had to get shipped from 400miles away. I thought they were more prominent in this community

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find that unfortunate. One of the few that still offer. Still better than 100/0 like most. Been a while since a stick (1st 4 vehicle were) but nowadays with people and there cvts they almost hit me coming from lights. After 1-2 shift I leave them though. She's a lil tricky with the rev hang but I got her now :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's even more unfortunate. Figured they get rid of mt here before Australia. What's the world coming to sigh. Hints teaching my woman the ways hah. Save it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a video sorry. I'll record it next time I start her. Cold starts you definitely hear it but sounds good. Normal driving at idle to 3k rpm it's deep but not too loud, haven't opened her up yet. At warm idle it sounds stock. Highway almost no drone imo (my truck is loud though). No rice in lower rpms, don't know about above 3500.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
112 Posts
Thanks- Would definitely consider one for mine as well depending on how the sound is. My last vehicle had a pretty loud rumbling exhaust put on by the previous owner, but it fit with the vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There a few soundclips on their site that were pretty good. Some sound a little louder than real life but most are close

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never did get back to you longboy I apologize....life you know..., Did u ever buy? Just a follow up though, (knock on wood) she's been a great car. Old lady is very good at driving her now all by herself (exhaust help tremendously), couple jumps and kills along the way when learning but relatively painless for the car....she handled it well. I drive her myself 2 outta the 5 work days highway and weekends city. Very happy with the car though and wife loves it, just wanted to express my appreciation for my cheap amazing little car.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
112 Posts
I never did get back to you longboy I apologize....life you know..., Did u ever buy?
I didn't buy one (yet). Haven't had a ton of time or cash to spend on Impreza things. Have 3 cars in the house and the Impreza is currently getting ignored for mods since it's so new and doesn't need big repairs like the other 2.

If/when I do buy, I most likely will go with the Nameless 5" version. I don't need quad tips and I'd like it quieter than the muffler delete version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts