5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone from Canada!

I am currently leasing a 2013 Accord Sedan 4-cyl Touring. Previously drove Honda Civics and a previous gen Accord Sedan.
Very much looking forward to the release of the 2017 Impreza. From all the information I have gathered online, it looks great inside and out as well as filled with advanced features.
Maybe my only concern is the relatively low HP when comparing with competitors. Anyways, I will be test driving it as soon as it is released.

I took time to really understand the Subaru AWD and believe it is a great fit for our Canadian winters.

Looking forward to learning more!

:smile2:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The switch from Honda to AWD Subie is definitely going to be different but I'm sure you'll love it !

·
Registered
229 Posts
At least coming from an Accord which typically has bigger 4-cylinder engine, you won't notice that much of a difference in overall power but where power is distributed along the power band is going to be the interesting part.

Have you started looking around for winter tires? Currently looking at getting myself a set of Blizzaks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks like the Impreza is going to be your first Subaru. Are you planning to get the sedan or hatchback variant?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

Waiting eagerly to try the Subaru AWD and feel the difference.

On my current Accord I am using Kumho KW22 winter tires and for their price, I find they're fine.

For the sedan vs hatchback, I am really not decided. I am planning on comparing them both when they're released.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Placed my order for a Lapis Blue Sport 5 Door to replace my evil wicked Jetta TDI next month when they buy it back. Cant wait. Before the Jetta I had a Mazda 6S for 11 years. Thought about going back to Mazda, but really liked the new Impreza and wanted AWD.

Tempted to buy a K&N Filter ahead of time to see if that helps HP and MPG a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
VinDali--- I have the lapis blue pearl 5 door. Get ready to wash it frequently. This baby shows dust and dirt, big time. ? Really sharp when clean!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts