5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my '20 Impreza Sport hatch in Lithium Red last night. No joke the most stressful drive in my life in a brand new car at 9pm and good amount of rain. Came with a few desired options and one to be replaced by dealership next week (self dimming rear view).
I've been a Mazda fan all my life previously owning three; one hand-me down '91 323 hatch my dad bought new, '09 Mz3 iTouring sedan, and '17 Mz3 Sport sedan. Unfortunately Mazda is restricting manual transmissions for the 3 to the top of trim levels starting at $26,500 and simply out of our current budget.
I'm excited with beginning an adventure with this brand and annoying my wife with little upgrades and projects here and there until I personalize the car to suit me.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
571 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice! After you get the auto dimming mirror add the autodim / lighted outside mirrors too. Easy upgrade that really works well.

External Dimming mirrors with approach light
Oh no, I'm getting rid of the auto dim. I've never liked them and after last nights drive it completely confirmed it for me again. It never got dark enough for my light-sensitive eyes.

·
ModFather
571 Posts
I thought you were getting one :) I usually install them if they aren't' there. I also like the homelink, but I also have my windows tinted slightly too. I really do like the outside dim feature. That works on the same circuit as the inside one though so you can't have them separately.

Reactions: seanzzila

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just doesn't dim in dusk hours, or fast enough nor adequately enough. I live in the city and park in our pad behind our house so the Homelink feature is useless to me.

What color is your Sport btw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I stumbled on your car last night with the fog light conversion. I like your wheels quite a bit more than mine. Unfortunately like yours, this car is presenting many upgrade possibilities. It's similar to my '09 3, kinda sporty and asking to be tailored.

·
ModFather
571 Posts
I'm on scooby #14 now and there are a few things I tend to always do from the get go. Change out the horns to better ones. The typical subaru owner will upgrade to Hella Supertones, I've done that but TBH I like the trumpet style horns better. I just like the sound more. I do like a nice compact air-horn, but I could not find an easy way to mount it. I also install a Kartboy Short Shifter and change the muffler out. Beyond that I do a lot of little things here and there. These aren't quick cars but they are fun to drive especially with the manual. I've been a Mazda fan too for quite a while. I have an old Miata that I love :)

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch 5spd
28 Posts
It just doesn't dim in dusk hours, or fast enough nor adequately enough. I live in the city and park in our pad behind our house so the Homelink feature is useless to me.

What color is your Sport btw?
Mine (rear and side mirrors) dim instantly and do a great job. I had them in my Legacy and it was a must for my 3rd subie.
Sucks to hear yours don’t dim enough when someone is coming up behind you.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I road tested a 5-sp manual, and while I liked it, it was nothing compared to the 6-sp Mazda offers. But, my partner does not drive a manual, and I really prefer the 7 distinct gears the CVT offers (as well as the smoother engagement-works better in the snow and ice we get..), so I had to get the automatic

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@peaty - Yeah, I noticed the NB. Just a weekend car? Any autocross?
Thanks for reminding me about the horn. I already had to use it on day 2 (rare and wife-praised occurance) and wasn't up to my loudness standards. I did a Mazdaspeed3 exhaust swap on the '09 and loved the sound, albeit a little loud. Would like to do axle back eventually on this one.

·
ModFather
571 Posts
I have a racing beat muffler on my NB, swapped to the Bilstein Shocks and it has a fair amount of bracing here and there. SS brake lines and upgraded rotors. Not much else. I did put a compact air horn on it though :) I've autoxed it some time ago. Now it's just my summer car. It's why my cars tend to have low miles. My Impreza turned a year old in July and it's got just over 7K miles on it now. I drive the Miata a lot, it's super fun. Just a little to hot right now but I'll get it out soon. Taught my kids to drive a stick with it and it still lives :) It's got around 188K on it I think. Mazdas are hard to kill ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts