5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2017 Subaru Impreza sedan 2.0i premium, and I’m not really here to improve performance, but I do want to improve aesthetics.

I just got rid of my 10 year old rwd BMW and bought a Subaru(due to the weather here being more suited for awd), so I’m BRAND new to the Subaru world.

I’ve been looking for aftermarket wheels that will fit the car perfectly, but with the stock 16”x6.5 205/55 (5x100 bolt pattern) with 55mm offset, not sure what wheel size, tire, and offset would work for it. I’d like to go up to 17” w/ 225/45 tires, so I can get the same tires my bmw had, but I know that bmw and Subaru are worlds apart lol. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I really like the enkei m52s, but I’m not sure what fitment would work perfectly for the sedan, without them touching my fenders or wheel wells with bigger wheels and tires.

sorry for the rambling, but I wanted to ask those with experience in the matter.

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
First of all welcome!

In the wheels and tires section you can find all of the info you need! That being said I like Tire Rack because you can pick your car and wheels and it shows you what it will look like.

Where do you live that you need AWD? I live in Syracuse NY, we get a crap ton of snow! This is Subaru Country! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all welcome!

In the wheels and tires section you can find all of the info you need! That being said I like Tire Rack because you can pick your car and wheels and it shows you what it will look like.

Where do you live that you need AWD? I live in Syracuse NY, we get a crap ton of snow! This is Subaru Country! :)
I’ve looked at tire rack, but I just wanted to hear from others about their fitment and what works for them, just to be sure I’m not making any mistakes lol

I’m in Colorado, and the snow is super unpredictable, one day it’s 70, and the next we have 6 inches of snow lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome!
It seems you have a pretty good handle on things so really what i'd recommend is go to Fitment Industries and check out peoples builds on there regarding our cars:

I believe that the best you'll do is a 17x8.5, +35mm without needing to roll or pull fenders.
Don't hold me to it as I currently don't have that setup, my winter Rotas are 17"x8 +35, but there is some space to play with still.
AWD has been a game changer here in MN, no more wasting time spinning wheels!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cant go wrong with enkei rpf1 for the cost and fitment. They are super light and look great. The sizing others mentioned would work. A 17x9 et45 would probably require fender rolling so a 17x8 would be best with stock suspension. Being a japanese car i would stick to jdm wheel brands personally. Rays, work, enkei, advan, gramlights and volk are all great places to start.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You don't really want to go too far away from that 55mm offset, unless you just don't care if your car handles like crap. Changing the offset by 20mm is pretty severe, and will give you a TON of unneeded extra scrub radius. Parallel parking will be harder than a Mack truck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You don't really want to go too far away from that 55mm offset, unless you just don't care if your car handles like crap. Changing the offset by 20mm is pretty severe, and will give you a TON of unneeded extra scrub radius. Parallel parking will be harder than a Mack truck!
I only rub a little bit on the mud flaps when in reverse and full lock. 100% send it (y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I recently bought a 2017 Subaru Impreza sedan 2.0i premium, and I’m not really here to improve performance, but I do want to improve aesthetics.

I just got rid of my 10 year old rwd BMW and bought a Subaru(due to the weather here being more suited for awd), so I’m BRAND new to the Subaru world.

I’ve been looking for aftermarket wheels that will fit the car perfectly, but with the stock 16”x6.5 205/55 (5x100 bolt pattern) with 55mm offset, not sure what wheel size, tire, and offset would work for it. I’d like to go up to 17” w/ 225/45 tires, so I can get the same tires my bmw had, but I know that bmw and Subaru are worlds apart lol. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I really like the enkei m52s, but I’m not sure what fitment would work perfectly for the sedan, without them touching my fenders or wheel wells with bigger wheels and tires.

sorry for the rambling, but I wanted to ask those with experience in the matter.
I've got 245/40 R18 tires on an 18x8.5 +45 wheel. I've lowered the car 2" and very RARELY will anything rub.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yea, anything in the 45-35 range should be just fine for offset. I wouldnt deviate much further than that. Convieniently for me, this car can use all the wheels I have for my 02 wrx. Same height tires and roughly the same offset. I will be putting my enkei rct4 on there. 17x7.5 et45. Weak spec for the gdb but will be decent on here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea, anything in the 45-35 range should be just fine for offset. I wouldnt deviate much further than that. Convieniently for me, this car can use all the wheels I have for my 02 wrx. Same height tires and roughly the same offset. I will be putting my enkei rct4 on there. 17x7.5 et45. Weak spec for the gdb but will be decent on here. View attachment 22823 View attachment 22825
That's hot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to Subis from another Colorado person. Good to have ya around-
Thank you!
I’m quite enjoying the Subi life lol, especially since the weather has been mostly crappy, it’s nice to have a car that I can trust in the snow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought previous gen wrx wheels, there are pictures on the forum of people who have done that, look right and are brand correct.
Honestly this is what I’ve been thinking of doing, I’ve been looking at wheels they put on the top trim subi models and some of them are fucking sick. Plus, same offset.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts