5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing out the fluid on my CVT 2015 Impreza, been doing some research but can't find how many quarts to put into the CVT also im changing the oil in my front differential, it says put in 1.8quarts and .8 quarts in the rear diff Any help? Or can anyone else confirm. Thanks you ahead.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Take a look at this.

2015 Subaru IMPREZA (2.0L 4 -cyl Engine Code FB20 1) Motor Oil, Filters and Lubricants - AMSOIL

I'm seeing 12.9 quarts total fill for the CVT though what you may actually get out could be a lot less. When I had my S4 done it was almost 10 quarts total fill but all they got out was ~7 quarts and that was replacing the filter. If they didn't do the filter I'm told it would have been closer to 3 quarts. Looks like the front diff is 2.5 pints and the rear is 1.7 pints.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Also, your question would be better asked over at the NASIOC website; we are a site specific to the 5th gen Impreza, and your car is a 4th gen model, which is different.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
223 Posts
Changing out the fluid on my CVT 2015 Impreza, been doing some research but can't find how many quarts to put into the CVT also im changing the oil in my front differential, it says put in 1.8quarts and .8 quarts in the rear diff Any help? Or can anyone else confirm. Thanks you ahead.
A drain and top off on a CVT is usually around 5 quarts.
Filler plug is here
Hand White Sleeve Organism Gesture

Organism Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot

Front diff is 2.5 pints (1.5 quarts) Subaru Extra MT (75W-80 GL-5 or equivalent)

Diff filler plug located here
Hair Hairstyle Arm Facial expression Vertebrate

Drain and overflow located here
Organism Font Parallel Art Line art

Rear diff is 1.7 pints (1 quart) Subaru 75W-80 or 75W-90 can be used (GL-5 for both)
I left instructions out for this as a rear diff is about as easy as they come. But if you have questions just let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts