5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Cars.com did a child/baby car seat check with the new Subaru and the ratings are mostly A's across the board! This makes the Impreza a great family car if you have small children who needs a car seat and this could be the same for teh new 2017 model if there weren't any changes for the last two years. Even though it was written in last year about the 2015 Subaru Impreza, there wasn't enough changes in the seats to warrant a new article.

Grading Scale

A: Plenty of room for the car seat and the child; doesn't impact driver or front-passenger legroom. Easy to find and connect to Latch and tether anchors. No fit issues involving head restraint or seat contouring. Easy access to the third row.

B: Plenty of room. One fit or connection issue. Some problems accessing third row when available.

C: Marginal room. Two fit or connection issues. Difficult to access third row when available.

D:
Insufficient room. Two or more fit or connection issues.

F: Does not fit or is unsafe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Now that's the downside with the Impreza, with it having this wider audience than before, performance is sacrificed a bit but so far it seems that hasn't impacted the Impreza by much, enthusiasts are still interested although I noticed some are on the look out for an alternative.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I mean.. a downside yes, but performance can be corrected and made better through aftermarket solutions. This will help as a selling point because at the end of the day, it is a sedan, and a great family car which is what people look for out of it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. ^

At the end of the day, a sedan is generally used as a family car and I'm sure it still performs fine for day to day drives and maybe that odd weekend one. If performance is the number one deciding factor on a new vehicle, then people will most likely look elsewhere like hot hatches or coupes.

I think this car seat rating will make the new Impreza more appealing to those who have kids.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yupp.. If you want something more performance oriented and still has space and 4 doors, go with the WRX or something. Only thing is that the WRX base is pretty much the Impreza top line price range.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I mean.. a downside yes, but performance can be corrected and made better through aftermarket solutions. This will help as a selling point because at the end of the day, it is a sedan, and a great family car which is what people look for out of it.
That's true and even just increasing power alone will be good enough for most people since you won't be able to carve out turns like a F1 driver, often on the street it comes down to straight line performance, then that with some high speed turning on highways.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yup, and this doesn't need much for that at all. Maybe a bit more straight line power but I'm sure it'll fair well around the highway bends at decent speeds

·
Registered
78 Posts
People can easily made a few small changes for a bit of a power boost if that's what they really want, maybe a new air intake. At least we know the interior is spacious enough for a child's seat even if you never use it for such a purpose. This means you can pack a lot into the back seats if the trunk runs out of space.

·
Registered
229 Posts
People can easily made a few small changes for a bit of a power boost if that's what they really want, maybe a new air intake. At least we know the interior is spacious enough for a child's seat even if you never use it for such a purpose. This means you can pack a lot into the back seats if the trunk runs out of space.
An intake might slightly help in off the line power and feel, and sound, but often they don't do that much. Unless someone is planning to pair it with a tune.

ECU tune is the way i'm going initially

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's really dependent on the headrests because some cars won't go all the way flat since the headrests's neck area sticks out a bit too much.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Usually there's a button you push in to release a lock, then pulling out the head rests is possible. Might take a bit of effort being a vital part for safety of rear seat passengers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts