5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post in the forum! Looking on options for exhaust and cold air intakes. I own an 2017 Impreza Hatch 2.0i Limited, and was looking for options on cold air intakes and exhaust. Rumors has it the Cat Back is soon to be released, so debating waiting for that. But as far as intakes go, not finding any good options. Hope to hear back from you guys!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Welcome and join the club on looking for after market parts! Since it's a new platform it's been a little slow with aftermarket accessories. There's a few posts on here that point you in the right direction of what might be coming out soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the club

As far as I know there is no intakes or exhaust that are direct bolt one yet .

My Impreza is the one being used by K&N and AEM for the development of their cold air intakes. They have already finished up with the fitment of both systems and some dyno pulls . The actual production pieces won't be in till around November so I would say that they kits will be available for sale end of the year or first of 2018 .

As far as exhaust. I have no clue

I might just have to make my own . Can't use previous generation Impreza headers cause they exit the opposite side .

This is the down side of having an all new platform car

·
Registered
215 Posts
I took mine to a local muffler shop that custom fit a axle back for about $290. They put a few different ones on and let me listen and pick what I wanted. I?m not mechanical in any way so this was always going to be the best option for me. It?s not a performance exhaust I just was looking for a bigger sound. Check out some shops near you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Check this site out. It has cold air intakes for 2017-18 Imprezas, strut braces, fog lights. Website looks kind of funky thrown together but it says they?re located in the US. Wonder if the CAI or strut brace are legit and actually for the new Imprezas. Thoughts?

http://ssdsubaru.blogspot.com/?m=1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check this site out. It has cold air intakes for 2017-18 Imprezas, strut braces, fog lights. Website looks kind of funky thrown together but it says they?re located in the US. Wonder if the CAI or strut brace are legit and actually for the new Imprezas. Thoughts?

Subaru Products
I was going to get the front light mount from them before I got rid of my Crosstrek. Hopefully they will make there roof rails for the new naked roof Impreza/Crosstrek available. That would be very nice.

I have seen the front light mounts and they are very nicely made and fit well.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
SSD is looking for a new 2017 Impreza to make the roof rails for the "naked roof". If you check out their web page and look at the bars for the Forrester they are pretty sweet. They look a lot like the Tour de France team car roof racks. So if you are in Missouri and want to help them help us, here is the contact info...

SSD Performance LLC

22994 Highway H

Lincoln, MO 65338

EMAIL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT [email protected]

Bob

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
The 2017 Sport has the same long strips on the roof with the four rectangle openings.

I know my local dealer will not admit it but I would bet that the roof rails that are put on the other models could be installed on the Sport.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Who?s going to be the guinea pig and try the cold air intake and see if it fits. I?m thinking about trying the strut brace since Subaru wants an outrageous price for the OEM one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong folks but nothing about that CAI kit makes it any colder than the stock intake tubing would as it's reusing the stock air box. If anything, the metal piping is going to transfer engine bay heat more readily to the air flowing inside. The smoother radius bends should increase the air flow but any gains should be marginal I think. Really the only item that would really increase air flow would be the filter media. I won't be putting down any money unless I see dyno results and specifically comparing just filter media vs. full kit to show the tubing adds value.

If there were a kit that routes the intake into the bumper - that would be a different animal. That would truly be a CAI.

Reactions: Subculture

·
Registered
215 Posts
Guys i'm gona be the guinie pig and order the ssd dai.. Stay tuned
The air intake? I emailed SSD and asked for the part number for the KN high flow filter they sell with the intake and just went and purchased it from autozone. So essentially I got the high flow filter with out the less constructive pipe. I?m going to order the strut tower brace from them though. Interested in if the pipe makes the difference.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
For these cars, a K&N or a custom air intake will do nothing for performance or gas mileage. Big waste of money but will look good when you pop the hood!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just to keep everyone posted I am going to K&N on the 20th to drop off my car for final test for cold air intake, I will give more information after the 20th.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In all fairness this car will never be fast without a swap so anything to make it more unique for a car that used to be so iconic can't really complain with what you put into it. Mod happily lady's and gents

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Sorry guys...not trying to be Debbie Downer here but no CAI kit will do much of anything for our engine. The only thing it will do is look pretty under the hood but any performance you "may" see won't do much for what you'll pay for it. I've been down this road before. If you can get one for free than go for it but don't expect anything more than good looks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A) the intake will allow for a nicer sound although the vehicle had a cold air intake, it has a lot of chamber to reduce sound

B) Although it may not be much performance increase there will still be an increase, I will be asking K&N to show me the dyno results before and after

·
Registered
1 Posts
ssd air intake and strut bar infor

I emailed the ssd performance site for info regarding the material used for the strut bar and dyno results for the cai and this is what they sent me back,

"Our braces are made from stainless steel and carbon steel and we haven’t dyno’d the intake yet. I have one on my own ‘18 Crosstrek and it is a noticeable difference. We made a similar intake a few years back for the same size engine that made a 6.2 HP gain at the wheels and this one feels even stronger to me."

Not very convincing. But at least he has faith in his product.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts