5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bunch of new Impreza videos here too...
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sJLDoENFaG8?list=PLJVPbd7y0ZM3ulLUHp9MRoYKj6yxm8jRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
229 Posts
That clip of it running through the slalom was a bit reassuring of the chassis and suspension, since body roll wasn't that bad, perfect medium for our performance expectations of Subaru and this whole... more family friendly vehicle direction. At least it's not turning into a Buick.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The hatch is really growing on me now. It looks much better in that video than it did in those other pictures we seen (obviously). Does look quite nimble though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's the case with a lot of cars and products, so seeing them in person is a requirement, but the fact you have to see it in person might be a bad thing to start since some vehicles and products look great no matter how you see them. But i'm not that particular about design, so many more things to worry about.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yea I can definitely see that. That is true as well, I'm not interested in this because it looks like a sleek sports car or anything, but I mean the aesthetics still do matter to me a little bit.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yea I can definitely see that. That is true as well, I'm not interested in this because it looks like a sleek sports car or anything, but I mean the aesthetics still do matter to me a little bit.
What are some of the main reasons why you're interested in the impreza over other things you can get on the market these dya.s

·
Registered
163 Posts
Have always heard great things about them Subaru's in general. It has appropriate space, not full out SUV sized but will still do real well in the winter time. And it doesn't look like a regular ugly hatchback lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
I remember seeing those STIs in the winter time, fully slammed and plowing through the snow without an issue in the world lol. Makes you happy inside until you realized you've bought the rear wheel drive, less powerful, and garbage in the snow brz LOL

·
Registered
229 Posts
I remember seeing those STIs in the winter time, fully slammed and plowing through the snow without an issue in the world lol. Makes you happy inside until you realized you've bought the rear wheel drive, less powerful, and garbage in the snow brz LOL

Weight was one problem but if you weigh down the rear enough and get good winter tires then you shouldn't have a problem. Unless you don't have the skills required to drive in the winter.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lol not too sure how much weight you plan on lugging around the back, just more gas burnt. The winter tires were great until a good amount of snow fell, at that point you can't even get it off the darn driveway

·
Registered
78 Posts
Those STIs must have been packing some heavy duty winter wheels, power will only get you so far in the snow without proper traction. The same applies to the Impreza too. Then there are days where you shouldn't be leaving the house at all. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can't forget that phenomenal awd system. Works wonders for plowing through combined with some real good winter tires.

Only thing to remember is they can definitely get you going... but it's stopping that's the real concern, gotta be super careful out there

·
Registered
308 Posts
Subarus AWD system is definitely great. But there's nothing that can really help you from stopping in certain conditions. Just gotta make sure not to panic and no how to drive out of a situation, etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
AWD is just a bonus and should not be as hyped up as you are trying to, instead winter tires is where you should start, that's the most important thing. Is your AWD system going to save you when trying to go up hill/down hill on a somewhat icy road, and will your AWD system help you come to a complete stop?... the answer is not anywhere as good as winter tires.

I've driven both FWD and RWD vehicles in winter with winter tires, taking them through the worst of winters and the worst of conditions that some people couldn't even grow a pair for. Even in those conditions I got in and out no problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts