5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Subaru assumed that the 2017 Impreza would garner a lot of interest, but its actual popularity in Japan has exceeded their expectations.

In the first month alone since its introduction on October 13, the Subaru Impreza received 11,050 orders in Japan. Torque News crunched the numbers and that’s around 4.4 times the monthly sales goal of 2,500 vehicles.

Taking the lead is the Impreza hatchback. The five door is the most popular variant with 8,824 units sold in the first month whereas the sedan only sold 2,226 units. With how popular the new Impreza is, Subaru’s production plant in Gunma, Japan is doing their best to produce as many as they can.

Not only are the sales numbers looking great, but the Impreza is drawing in new customers to the brand. Subaru is competing against the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Mazda3 and VW Golf for millennial buyers and their new Impreza managed to draw in buyers from other brands. In fact, 51% of the Impreza orders are from these switch over buyers.

Guess that $1 billion Subaru invested into the Impreza’s design paid off. Maybe the model’s new underpinnings will be enough to overwhelmingly win over the U.S. market once it goes on sale later this month.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Holy cow, 4.4 times their monthly goal is insanity. This is just for Japan alone which is phenomenal. That $1 billion investment is going to be covered in no time at all lol. That being said, a billion dollar investment is a regular investment on such a large scale company. Glad to see it's doing well down there though.

Really can't wait to see the aftermarket support they have for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer mentioned this...

We're purchasing a 2017 Impreza Limited Hatch w/ Eyesight, Moonroof, ++ in Red. Dealer said demand was huge and recommended putting a deposit on the "in-transit" car. Ours is scheduled to arrive 3/15 after a $500 deposit. :surprise:

·
Registered
730 Posts
The model I purchased (Impreza Sport in white) was transferred from ME to MA as the dealer didn't have the color in stock & dealers in the MA area didn't have any either. I would have thought dealers would keep a certain amount in stock seeing as these are selling quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I live in Subaru World...northern New England, and other than mine, I've only seen 2 other 2017's on the road......not complaining, but I hope my Island Blue Limited stays kinda unique!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I live in Subaru World...northern New England, and other than mine, I've only seen 2 other 2017's on the road......not complaining, but I hope my Island Blue Limited stays kinda unique!
I hear you there. I haven't seen any other 2017's yet just a bunch of the 2016 model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got pretty much the only one at my dealer that wasn't a sport, in island blue, still wrapped and dusty from the haul from Boston. Yup, they're doin good in the US too, the Island blue is a nice color, can't wait to see what it looks like after it's been shined!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My Scooby came for Indiana 3 weeks ago.
It's got almost 800miles enjoyment and know issues.
Same color as yours(Argofoto) with paddleshift.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The model I have is called the touring package in Canada (16" alum. Wheels, 6.5"info. Paddle shifters, heated seats,heated frt windshield)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Look @ the base of frt windshield.
Or lift up windshield wipers up you will see elements in glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts