5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Impreza Sport 8" w/o Nav. The Bluetooth quality is severely lacking. Playing an audio track comes in and out in and out. All I want is to listen to music. It's seemingly impossible on this thing. Any tips? Help? Can I replace the headunit with something aftermarket? Can I flash the older Starlink software onto this unit? It worked so much better, crisp and clear on my 2016 Outback's nav system I just don't even know what to think. Such a wonderful car.. plagued by this ridiculous system.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Check with your dealer as there are updates for the 2017 head unit available now. This came off of Subaru.net and I did these myself without going to the dealer. Just need a USB stick.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Definitely check with your dealer, I've had no problems with bluetooth cutting in and out on my '17 Sport.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I bought one of these: SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-032G-B35

Burned more than 1,500 songs to it.

Stuck it into the usb port in my 2017 Impreza Sport.

And I am as happy as a pig in poop. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh. I did some troubleshooting with some friends and we discovered that the Bluetooth in the Impreza only has trouble playing songs off of a non-Apple/Android device. I guess it just hates my Windows Phone. Sad that all the cars I've ever tried work perfectly with my phone except for this one's head unit. I guess I'll be using a USB stick for songs or an AUX cable instead. The Bluetooth connection seems to work just fine with calls and it never cuts out. Super weird and annoying.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Huh. I did some troubleshooting with some friends and we discovered that the Bluetooth in the Impreza only has trouble playing songs off of a non-Apple/Android device. I guess it just hates my Windows Phone. Sad that all the cars I've ever tried work perfectly with my phone except for this one's head unit. I guess I'll be using a USB stick for songs or an AUX cable instead. The Bluetooth connection seems to work just fine with calls and it never cuts out. Super weird and annoying.
fucking microsoft lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts