5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if there was a way to delete my muffler and keep my resonator on but still have decently loud exhaust sound
Any good ones please send because I’m looking to change mine out but I don’t wanna take off the resonator and it be extremely loud

·
Registered
'08 Impreza 2.5i, '22 Impreza Sport CVT
44 Posts
So that doesn’t require me to delete the resonator to get good sound also any idea how there shipping has been recently
nope just need to unbolt the OEM muffler and bolt the new one on, took be about 15-20 min to do it.

shippingI’m not sure. I ordered mine in Sept/October and got it in Nov/December. You could give them a call and see what their lead times are

·
Registered
'08 Impreza 2.5i, '22 Impreza Sport CVT
44 Posts
Thanks how does it sound
I really like it. I’m not a fan of the muffler delete option since it’s a little too loud for my taste, but the 5” muffler option, myself and others, seem to like. Gives it a nice tone, compared to Borla and some other ones out there. Here’s a link with comparing a couple on a cross trek (
) but it’s pretty similar. The muffler delete would be the nameless performance one, and the mufflered version is the regular nameless on. Compared to the Borla, it sounds cleaner and has that throaty tone we all want!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like it. I’m not a fan of the muffler delete option since it’s a little too loud for my taste, but the 5” muffler option, myself and others, seem to like. Gives it a nice tone, compared to Borla and some other ones out there. Here’s a link with comparing a couple on a cross trek (
) but it’s pretty similar. The muffler delete would be the nameless performance one, and the mufflered version is the regular nameless on. Compared to the Borla, it sounds cleaner and has that throaty tone we all want!
Ahh okay thanks I appreciate it you wouldn’t have by chance connected anything extra to the battery huh like lights or a sub cause I’m also looking to see what size cable/wire lug I’d need to connect underglow to the battery

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
335 Posts
To provide you some clarity, the naming nomenclature used for exhaust will tell you what you're looking at. It appears you may have some confusion.

Full Exhaust = Manifold and everything after (Unless a turbo car, then normally doesn't include a header/manifold and starts with the downpipe)
Cat-Back = Exhaust which starts after the catalyst, hence "cat". This will normally include everything post catalyst (including resonators and mufflers)
Axle-Back = Normally only includes the mufflers and piping associated from the rear axle to the exit. Axle-back exhaust for our vehicle will be from the exhaust flange at the rear differential to the exhaust exit.

Hopefully this helps when searching for something. In your case, if you want to retain the resonator then you'll want to be looking for muffler/Axle-back exhaust systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts