5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am the new owner of a 2017 Impreza sport MT. This is my second Subaru, my first being a 2006 legacy. I live in Buffalo NY and can?t wait to get some snowfall! I absolutely love this car but it was not my first choice. I sort of ?ended up? with it.

My first choice was the black MT base model. I had ordered the base back in May from a local dealer and was given the standard 6-8 week delivery time. After about 3 weeks with no updates I called my salesman (who was a bit of a pud but recommended to me through someone at work) and asked if there was any update. VIN ETA etc. He told me there was not. After about 6 weeks of asking him weekly for updates (he never reached out to me to say there was no new updates) I contacted SOA. They got back to me with the order had been placed but was still in production. Right about the 8 week mark (late July) my salesman called me and said Subaru was delaying my order until the 2018.

Frustrated with waiting the 8 weeks before finding this out, I decided to get my deposit back and figure something else out. The reason I had to order the car was there were no black MT anywhere for sale in my area. Those two things were the biggest points for me. I did add a few things such as grille, spoiler, and audio upgrade but those weren?t necessary for me to buy the car. I was able to find a white sport MT in Syracuse NY about 150 miles from me. The closest black MT was over 200 miles away in PA. I went to the other Subaru dealer in the area and asked them if they could do a dealer trade for this car, or I was going to go to Syracuse and purchase that vehicle. The GM said that dealer had been trying to get a vehicle from them that they could probably do a trade. I sat down with a salesman and explained how I ordered 8 weeks ago and was ready to ?settle? for the white sport model at an increase in cost to the base. He quickly checked his inventory and told me he would be right back. About 10 minutes later he came back and asked me to come outside and parked there was a black sport MT. The dealer had just received the car the day before and hadn?t got it on their website or even on the main lot. I was beyond thrilled and the next day went and picked up my new car.

I just finished the 1000 mile break in period and absolutely love it. This is my first brand new car and also my first time joining a forum. I?m mostly here to read other peoples stories about their car as well as adding aftermarket parts and accessories to the car. So far I?ve only added the Rally Armor mud flaps and not only do they look great, but provide amazing protecting to the sides and back of the car, especially when the snow and ice arrives. I look forward to interacting with everyone and enjoying our new Imprezas together!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrads. Your stroy is about as crazy as mine is turning out to be. Order my Sport 5D MT right at the end of May. Similar reason as yours. Nearest island blue was 300mi out. 8wks out I got the VIN. All is good. 1.5wk later its at the dealer, in all its 4D glory. My story is still in progress. worst case I have 8 more wks to go.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Congrats! You'll definitely enjoy the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts