5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

Registered
Wow, your story sounds very similar to mine. I have a brand new 2018 Impreza hatchback that I bought in March and it's been a nightmare since the day I bought it. So many things have gone wrong, the dealer dented it, tire sensor didn't go on when I had a flat, carplay issues, but mostly oil consumption issues, and various other things as well. And the latest is the tech at the dealer lies about topping off my oil and overfilling it during the test. 馃槨I've now been in touch with subaru corporate several times, and a lemon law attorney. I'm so over my car and how many things I've had to deal With in a new car. I just want a brand new car with no issues. I hope they will take it back and give me new one and end this constant headache.

Super Moderator
Wow, your story sounds very similar to mine. I have a brand new 2018 Impreza hatchback that I bought in March and it's been a nightmare since the day I bought it. So many things have gone wrong, the dealer dented it, tire sensor didn't go on when I had a flat, carplay issues, but mostly oil consumption issues, and various other things as well. And the latest is the tech at the dealer lies about topping off my oil and overfilling it during the test. 馃槨I've now been in touch with subaru corporate several times, and a lemon law attorney. I'm so over my car and how many things I've had to deal With in a new car. I just want a brand new car with no issues. I hope they will take it back and give me new one and end this constant headache.
:( I hope it all works out for you.

Registered
This just brings back horrible memories of my first car being held at the dealership for 2 weeks and then try to charge me $2000 just to "change the brakes". Turns out they wanted to rebuild the whole brake system which was unneeded. Spent $140 doing it myself. I hope this works out for all of you. I'm really sorry for your ****y dealerships. Most around where I grew up are trash and the one that my wife's car is from is absolute trash. I've been blessed enough that my subaru dealership has been so kind to me.

Registered
Is your car a manual? You have nothing in your profile.

Super Moderator
Noticed my first door ding yesterday, very small but on the crease line of the door, want to strangle someone.

Registered
I lemon law'd my first one, ordered another one and when it came in the dealer damaged the replacement, and I had order a third car. The current car is pretty good, but still has CarPlay issues. My current car has been in 10 days because a plastic bracket holding the right rear bumper cover just failed and they have not put it back together correctly. 10 days.

Subaru is no longer the same car company they used to be. They have lost their reliability and their responses are slow, and dealer network not that great.

If I had to do it all over again, I would not have bought my 2017 Impreza Sport 5 door. After 7 Subarus over 25 years, I have lost almost all confidence in the company.

What state are you in, Amypine76?

Registered
Sorry about your issues, my dealership was so bad, I had to create a website with their name---sucks (dot-com) to bring public attention. They screwed up so much of the financing, the MSO was sent to the wrong place, the service department installed accessories wrong, the car was dead in my garage on day 17, and even as I am writing this a month later I am still under 1K miles.

SOA got involved, we went to a new dealer (about 1/2 hour away) and they fixed the other dealers mistakes and billed it back to the original dealership. I wound up getting about $4K back on the car purchase but would have been happier w/o issues or problems.

Some dealers are just bad.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts