5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My first post on the forums but I am in dire need of assistance. I bought an infinity bass link mini and spent the better part of this afternoon hooking up all the connections, and now THE CAR WON'T START!! The dash illuminates, the radio comes on and all the lights in the car work including head / tails, but there isn't even the slightest sound of the starter trying to turn over or anything.

Here's what I did. I ran the power from the battery through the included crutchfield fuse, through firewall and back to the trunk. I took out the passenger seat and grabbed the appropriate RL / FL +/- using 18g speaker wire and ran those back to the bass link mini. Wired it up to their harness as the directions stated. Green light came on on the sub, I put the car back together and then BOOM. car wont start. AAA guy seems to think its the anti theft feature since jumping the car didn't work after multiple attempts.

Any clue if there's validity to that claim? FYI the car still unlocks when I go near it with my fob, so Im inclined to think it is NOT the anti theft device.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tripping anti-theft would be unlikely. Have you pulled the negative terminal and let the car fully discharge (IE, leave it disconnected for twenty minutes or so)? I have had success in strange cases like this in the past. I don't think anti theft due to you being in proximity with the fob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tripping anti-theft would be unlikely. Have you pulled the negative terminal and let the car fully discharge (IE, leave it disconnected for twenty minutes or so)? I have had success in strange cases like this in the past. I don't think anti theft due to you being in proximity with the fob.
Thanks for the response hybridflux. You're gonna laugh, I didn't right away but here's what happened. The negative battery terminal was a little too dirty. Not corroded so I didn't notice it right away, and had no reason to considering the rest of the car lit up just fine when I tried to start it. I assume there are probably multiple ground points with the internal components and that is why the interior, dash and radio turned on and worked, but the starter didnt. I removed the negative line, wire brushed the negative terminal, and all was fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts