5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
I haven't seen anyone do that, we have a member that has lowered his and I have seen photos of Crosstrek owners lowering their cars to the height of the Impreza. But raise it? No, not yet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is it true that the 2018 Crosstrek is manufactured in Indiana and uses the new Global Platform like the 2017+ Imprezas? If so, then it would seem that it would be as simple as putting 2018 Crosstrek struts in the front. Not sure about the back; probably just Crosstrek springs and shocks would do it. But I'm just guessing.

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
Is it true that the 2018 Crosstrek is manufactured in Indiana and uses the new Global Platform like the 2017+ Imprezas? If so, then it would seem that it would be as simple as putting 2018 Crosstrek struts in the front. Not sure about the back; probably just Crosstrek springs and shocks would do it. But I'm just guessing.
Yes to the Global Platform, dunno about the rest but your theory sounds valid to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
I know I am a mod. here but I hate the look of the Crosstrek, it looks like an Impreza on stilts and it looks funny to me. I love Subaru but the Crosstrek is a mystery to me. If I am going to buy a raised Subaru it would be the Forester (I have had two of them). The Outback (I have had one and the wife has had one) are really nice but are kind of heavy and underpowered to me. The wife had a 6 cyl. LL Bean Outback that was really sweet though.

I think the Crosstrek is the only Subie I dislike. I have seen photos of a lowered one and it looks amazing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know I am a mod. here but I hate the look of the Crosstrek, it looks like an Impreza on stilts and it looks funny to me. I love Subaru but the Crosstrek is a mystery to me. If I am going to buy a raised Subaru it would be the Forester (I have had two of them). The Outback (I have had one and the wife has had one) are really nice but are kind of heavy and underpowered to me. The wife had a 6 cyl. LL Bean Outback that was really sweet though.

I think the Crosstrek is the only Subie I dislike. I have seen photos of a lowered one and it looks amazing.
I agree. I love the new styling on the Impreza but for some reason it does not work for me on the CT. Now if Subaru put a small displacement Turbo in it with 200hp I could change my mind

·
Super Moderator
1,797 Posts
From Motortrend; "Sadly, the 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport doesn’t handle any better than the non-Sport variants. Despite having active torque vectoring and a sport-tuned suspension, the Impreza Sport doesn’t separate itself from the rest of the lineup."

They don't explain what a "sport-tuned" suspension is.

NY Daily News: "Sport equipment highlights include a 5-speed manual gearbox, 18-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in 225/40 tires, sport suspension tuning, upgraded front brakes and active torque vectoring."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
something milder

i have had a few issues bottoming out pulling into or backing out of driveways.

what would you recommend?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw this on another forum for anyone that is interested.

"Well I actually lifted my 17 sport. Used a 1” strut spacer from ADF, with an 1 3/8” rear spacer. Running 225/55/17 which give me about a half inch in height. Pretty easy install, had to pull the front strut tops off the front for install.. Anderson spacers have a bolt in design which I liked for ease of install. I also threw some RA flaps on as my wheels were throwing a lot of crap down the sides of my car. This is just for winter, not a huge change but already liking the bigger wheels."

·
Registered
19 Posts
I saw this on another forum for anyone that is interested.

"Well I actually lifted my 17 sport. Used a 1” strut spacer from ADF, with an 1 3/8” rear spacer. Running 225/55/17 which give me about a half inch in height. Pretty easy install, had to pull the front strut tops off the front for install.. Anderson spacers have a bolt in design which I liked for ease of install. I also threw some RA flaps on as my wheels were throwing a lot of crap down the sides of my car. This is just for winter, not a huge change but already liking the bigger wheels."

hmm interesting! What is the name of the forum you found this on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
That’s my car. I think I should have went an inch and a half. This is my winter set up. Not terribly hard to install. You would need a spring compressor for the front. You need to remove the front strut top to knock out the mounting studs. The top hat studs need to come out and the spacers are bolted in, bolts act as the new top hat mounting.

With the lift and taller tires I have a bit more roll going through turns. Going over bumps hasn’t changed much, maybe a little softer as my tires are an inch bigger in diameter. I have more ground clearance for getting in and out of steep driveways, it’s noticable even getting in and out of the car. Anderson fab and Subtle Solutions make spacers for the Impreza. I’ve got the plastic version with 5k on them and no issues.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts