5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s my car. I think I should have went an inch and a half. This is my winter set up. Not terribly hard to install. You would need a spring compressor for the front. You need to remove the front strut top to knock out the mounting studs. The top hat studs need to come out and the spacers are bolted in, bolts act as the new top hat mounting.

With the lift and taller tires I have a bit more roll going through turns. Going over bumps hasn’t changed much, maybe a little softer as my tires are an inch bigger in diameter. I have more ground clearance for getting in and out of steep driveways, it’s noticable even getting in and out of the car. Anderson fab and Subtle Solutions make spacers for the Impreza. I’ve got the plastic version with 5k on them and no issues.
Hey with that size of a tire do you rub at all on a full lock turn? With a 1.5” lift I’m planning on doing a 205/75/15 tire which is only 1/2” bigger overall than the size you’re currently running. Is there enough room to fit this on our cars?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do not rub anywhere, even with mudflaps. It’s close, but haven’t rubbed. I probably should have gone with the 1.5” lift. The raised height did help with some of my winter driving since they don’t like to plow side roads. But with spring here I’m going to drop the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do not rub anywhere, even with mudflaps. It’s close, but haven’t rubbed. I probably should have gone with the 1.5” lift. The raised height did help with some of my winter driving since they don’t like to plow side roads. But with spring here I’m going to drop the car.
Do you mind attaching a picture on how close it is with the mudflap and how close it is to the front bumper directly across from the mudflap. I do some off-roading so that’s why I plan on doing the lift and bigger tires lol. So if you could help me out on this, then I can go ahead with the work and then post a thread so others can get some help on lifting and fitment as well. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have had a few issues bottoming out pulling into or backing out of driveways.

what would you recommend?
I've had the same issue and I intend to lift our Impreza with Crosstrek suspension. I will report back here on the forums when I try it. I wish someone else had already figured out which parts are required for the swap, as I hate to swap out all the strut assemblies only to discover that there is some compatibility problem to figure out.

I have 2012 Impreza Sport Premium, and have been comparing part numbers with 2013 Crosstrek.
A couple of things to note:
The Crosstrek has a front swaybar with larger diameter (presumably to reduce roll)...but the rear swaybar is the same part #.
Crosstrek tires are 1.6" taller (so the taller tire provides .8" lift all by itself, with the suspension providing the other 2.2" lift).
The part numbers for rear spindles are different. I have no idea why. The front spindles are the same part.
The rear subframe is the same part, but it's not yet clear to me if there are factory subframe spacers on the Crosstrek.

I think I will proceed with just swapping all 4 strut assemblies and see how the geometry looks with the smaller Impreza tires on it, and if it's off, figure out what's different. If the rear wheels move forward a little with the lift, it might ok with the smaller tires until I figure out how to move them back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have had a few issues bottoming out pulling into or backing out of driveways.

what would you recommend?
I've had the same issue and I intend to lift our Impreza with Crosstrek suspension. I will report back here on the forums when I try it. I wish someone else had already figured out which parts are required for the swap, as I hate to swap out all the strut assemblies only to discover that there is some compatibility problem to figure out.

I have 2012 Impreza Sport Premium, and have been comparing part numbers with 2013 Crosstrek.
A couple of things to note:
The Crosstrek has a front swaybar with larger diameter (presumably to reduce roll)...but the rear swaybar is the same part #.
Crosstrek tires are 1.6" taller (so the taller tire provides .8" lift all by itself, with the suspension providing the other 2.2" lift).
The part numbers for rear spindles are different. I have no idea why. The front spindles are the same part.
The rear subframe is the same part, but it's not yet clear to me if there are factory subframe spacers on the Crosstrek.

I think I will proceed with just swapping all 4 strut assemblies and see how the geometry looks with the smaller Impreza tires on it, and if it's off, figure out what's different. If the rear wheels move forward a little with the lift, it might ok with the smaller tires until I figure out how to move them back.
I have a 2015 Impreza Sport with 2015 crosstrek struts and springs. I recently did the suspension swap and here's the results. It's definitely a extreme lift. About 9-10” ground clearance. It's a little too much for me so If anyone is interested in my set. Willing to sell it.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2015 Impreza Sport with 2015 crosstrek struts and springs. I recently did the suspension swap and here's the results. It's definitely a extreme lift. About 9-10” ground clearance. It's a little too much for me so If anyone is interested in my set. Willing to sell it.
im going to be moving to northern California in 6-8 months. if its still for sale by then, i'd buy the whole set up from you. heck i'd get it now but i have no where to store it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How's it going guys, I recently brought my 2014 impreza in for the 45k service and my. Loaner was a 2017 crosstrek I loved the height it had and while I was driving it around for a day. And because my car is paid off it seems more logical to just lift it instead of trading it in for a crosstrek. I'm looking into the 2" adf lift kit for the struts. My only question is if I buy 2014 crosstrek wheels and use the same stock tire the 2014 crosstrek uses will I have any issues with rubbing or the brake caliper being and issue?? Thanks in advance 🙂!

·
Registered
187 Posts
How's it going guys, I recently brought my 2014 impreza in for the 45k service and my. Loaner was a 2017 crosstrek I loved the height it had and while I was driving it around for a day. And because my car is paid off it seems more logical to just lift it instead of trading it in for a crosstrek. I'm looking into the 2" adf lift kit for the struts. My only question is if I buy 2014 crosstrek wheels and use the same stock tire the 2014 crosstrek uses will I have any issues with rubbing or the brake caliper being and issue?? Thanks in advance 🙂!
I don’t get the fascination with sitting up high. I have a Crosstrek loaner sitting in the driveway right now and I much prefer the seating position in my Sport model. But then again I sit even lower in my Miata, that freaks some people out when I take them out for a drive.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Subaru Impreza DIY Lift

I just purchased lift spacers for my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback from ADF. 1 7/8" rear and 1 1/2" in the front. Will post pictures as soon as I get them installed. Here are the links to the website where I purchased the lift spacers and the video I found for DIY installation. The main reason for lifting it was to prevent scraping at the entrance to our driveway (so my wife doesn't have to park it up on the street) The other benefits I will get are a little more clearance driving in snow and a lifted look, but not as high of a look as the Crosstrek. The clearance height of the Crosstrek is 8.1 Inches. My lift will take the Impreza from 5.1 inches to 6.6" front and 6.98" in the rear.

Buy- https://andersondesign-fab.com/product/2017-2018-impreza-1-5-strut-spacers/

Install DIY-

·
Registered
18 Posts
2017 Subaru Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback DIY Lift

I just purchased lift spacers for my 2017 Impreza Premium 2.0 Hatchback from ADF. 1 7/8" rear and 1 1/2" in the front. Will post pictures as soon as I get them installed. Here are the links to the website where I purchased the lift spacers and the video I found for DIY installation. The main reason for lifting it was to prevent scraping at the entrance to our driveway (so my wife doesn't have to park it up on the street) The other benefits I will get are a little more clearance driving in snow and a lifted look, but not as high of a look as the Crosstrek. The clearance height of the Crosstrek is 8.1 Inches. My lift will take the Impreza from 5.1 inches to 6.6" front and 6.98" in the rear.

Buy- https://andersondesign-fab.com/produ...strut-spacers/

Install DIY-

21 - 35 of 35 Posts