5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Unveiled alongside the 2017 Impreza Sedan was the 5-Door Hatchback variant based on the same global platform as the Sedan.

The Impreza hatchback is 1.6 inches longer than the outgoing model and 1.5 inches wider, making it a bit roomier that the previous model. Because it uses the same platform as the sedan, the 5-door hatch will also be 10mm lower.

Sharing the same 2.0-litre Boxer engine as the sedan, the hatchback will produce 152hp compared to the 148hp before. In the highline trims, that 2.0-litre Boxer (in both the sedan and hacth) will be paired with a Lineartronic CVT with a seven-speed manual mode. You’ll be able to control the transmission via the steering wheel paddle shifters and the seven ratios will be pre-set at the factory.

If you want improved handling to go with the additional horsepower, maybe Subaru’s Sport trim will interest you. Available with both the sedan and hatchback models, the package will include Active Torque Vectoring, exclusive suspension setup and 18-inch alloy wheels. On top of the improved performance, the Impreza 2.0i Sport comes with a few other enhanced standard features including LED daytime running lights (DRL), black-finish front grille, body-color rocker panels, turn signal side mirrors, gloss black rear gate trim, aluminum pedals, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift handle and a CVT shift boot.

Equipped in the 2.0i Sport but not the Impreza Premium is the Subaru Starlink 8.0-inch touchscreen multimedia system, harman/kardon premium audio system, and keyless access and push button start.

You can expect to see both models on sale later this year.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hatchback FTW! It's spacious and has the same 2.0-litre Boxer engine as the sedan. Maybe the additional weight will slow down the hatch a bit but nothing a few aftermarket parts won't help and the hot hatch market is booming these days.

Not a big fan of the chrome piece in the middle of the front grille but that can be easily blacked out. I'll wait for a few reviews first before deciding to go with either sport or non sport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts