5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For the 2017 model year, Suabru’s new Impreza sedan and hatchback will see a $100 price hike.

Including a $820 destination charge, the 2.0i Impreza sedan with a five-speed manual gearbox will start at $19,215 and the hatchback variant will go for $19,715. Both body style will cost an additional $1,000 if anyone wants a continuously variable transmission (CVT). If the range-topping Limited trims are what you’re looking for, then expect to see an additional $1,500 tacked onto the MSRP compared to the previous model.
Buyers can choose from four trim levels; the 2.0i, 2.0i Premium, 2.0i Sport and 2.0i Limited. Subaru’s 2.0-liter Boxer engine can pump out 152 horsepower and send power to its wheels via a five-speed manual transmission, though buyers wanting the manual variant will need to wait until early 2017.

Sure, there’s a price hike compared to the last model year, but that $100 comes with a plethora of standard features including a 6.5-inch infotainment touchscreen, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, power windows, power door locks and side mirrors, 60/40 split fold-down rear seat, tilt and telescopic steering column, backup camera, security system with engine immobilizer, etc.

Published on Car And Driver are the various trim prices for both the sedan and hatchback. The premium trim will start at $22,015 and come with a few additional standard equipment. The 2.0i Sport trim will give buyers sportier suspension tuning, Active Torque Vectoring, and 18-inch wheels for $22,815. Then there’s the top of the line 2.0i Limited model with an MSRP of $24,915. The Subaru hatchback models will cost $500 more than their sedan counterpart.

There is an optional EyeSight package buyers can get for $1395, and it’ll come with a few safety features including adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking, lane-departure warning, blind-spot warning, rear cross-traffic alert, and swiveling fog lights.

With the prices out, the 2017 Impreza configuration page should go live soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
See I like the EyeSight package but that emergency braking thing may annoy me in the scenario of "assertive" driving. Is there a way to take that off and leave everything else ?!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I highly doubt that. I don't think you can pick and choose individual components. Either the whole thing or nothing I believe. Don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Subaru knows what they're doing, they probably want to increase price more but know with a new generation in a competitive market, making it look better on paper during this initial phase can help with a better launch. So with that being said, next year could see an increase that's much higher than this. But even with that there are other factors.

·
Registered
229 Posts
A $100 price increase for so many improvements over the previous gen Impreza seems like a good deal to me.
"sounds" like a good deal and that's the key, your just taking it for face value. question the reasons behind this and you might find that say... that they could only increase it by $100 because it keeps them competitive and conditions people to get the Impreza now while its in its first year of production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts