5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross posting this here as well as NASOIC to help keep everyone informed if this becomes a common issue.

My wife calls me a few weeks ago and tells me our 2017 impreza wont start. She was sitting in it and checking email for probably 10-15 mins with the car idling and then it starts to shudder and shuts off on her. She attempted to restart it with no luck. She goes into the store and comes back out ~30 mins later hoping things had changed and luckily they had. The car started and I didnt have to take off work, drive an hour to get to her and have the car towed.

Take it to my local dealership to have them examine the car. 13 days later i get the car back, the fuel pump had been replaced, software updated and oil had been changed due to fuel contamination. I provided the service write up excluding as much non essential as possible. I did this to help provide information for others that might experience the same or similar issues due to this platform and engine being so new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, hopefully this was a fluke. That would not be good if it started to be a new issue with the others already reporting battery draining and infotainment problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, hopefully this was a fluke. That would not be good if it started to be a new issue with the others already reporting battery draining and infotainment problems.
i had glitches with my infotainment system. it would cut out on Bluetooth streaming of music and connection to the car via Bluetooth and android auto were so bad that i just hooked up my phone via 3.5mm aux cable or listened to the radio which doesnt have an amazing range of reception.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like they changed all the right things, should be good to go. Glad they changed the oil too as it was dumping non-atomized fuel spray into the cylinders which leaked past the rings into the oil. The high pressure fuel line can go up to 3,000 psi.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wow this is unbelievable for a brand new car. Hopefully it was just a one off. How many miles on car at time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts