5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does kind of remind me of those old station wagons because the front looks a bit longer than I'd like. If they would just shorten the nose a bit then it'd be perfect.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Even the mid section seems a bit stretched. But I agree, a shortened nose would definitely help. I was kinda excited for the hatch until now, I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
229 Posts
In blue it almost has that German look going on which is always a good thing, especially in the front end, front end also look a bit Volvo-like.

Hopefully they'll be able to sell these things in good volume compared to the other car makers bringing something to the segment.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I mean.. with the size, it's right under a cross-over which is going to be a great thing for people. Especially because these cars are so versatile, you have tons of space for camping, and trips of the sort

·
Registered
229 Posts
Actually if anything it is basically just as capable as a crossover, the only thing it doesn't have a higher ride height and the like. If you were to compare it side by side to some of the crossovers out on the market now, you'll see it comes in very close.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wouldn't disagree with that. I guess I really have to sit in one and check it out to see how it feels. Would like to see someone do a long-term review on it and fill it with stuff so we could see lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Even just comparing it to the Explorer thats sitting right next to it is a good point of reference especially since the Explorer is a mid-sized SUV or even a full-size SUV depending on who you ask.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Didn't really notice that over there, but that definitely would be a good point of reference. I think I find it a full-size SUV but it's true.. peoples perceptions are different. Some think the rav4 was a full sized SUV as well... pfft...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Lol that's funny. But I kinda suck comparing through pictures like this to be real. And I'm unfamiliar with the interior spacing of an explorer

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Impreza hatch looks like it's actually a great deal shorter than the Explorer beside it and I think the length difference comes mostly from the chopped off cargo space. The cabin size could be as spacious as the Explorer (less headroom in the back).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn't really notice that over there, but that definitely would be a good point of reference. I think I find it a full-size SUV but it's true.. peoples perceptions are different. Some think the rav4 was a full sized SUV as well... pfft...
Okay now your just getting too crazy with it, it's big, maybe along the cabin size of CUV's these days but no way near full-size SUV like - length maybe.

Point is, something everyday is sitting next to it, you know it, I know it, its a solid point of reference. Beats just looking at it without something else in the picture for comparison.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I still don;t understand why Subaru added that indent that stretches across both side doors. Would have been better if it was just one pinched line but the rest of it looks great, also a fan of the rims and hope they come standard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like that indent actually.. gives it that streamline look because the bottom body line of the indent goes all the way back up and around the quarter panel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
it does help in setting it apart from the rest of the vehicles on the market today, not a common side profile you see. These days that seems to be important and harder to achieve.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the indent won't turn me away from the Impreza, just not what my ideal side profile will have but what I want may be hard to produce. It's hard to make side profiles stand out since it's basically a flat surface spanning the length of the car, a lot of blank canvas they need to use unlike the bumper and rear.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Of course, you can't really do anything crazy on the side anyhow. Need something to give it a bit of definition. It's not an exotic so you can't have deep side vents or anything, can't really put any super hard pinched lines on it either

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Super hard pinched lines cost more to manufacture and those panels are harder to make too. The current design is in line with what the car actually is. A family hauler with substantial cargo space.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts