5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2018 Sport the infotainment screen doesn't seem to change at all when the auto brightness mode is turned on. It just seems to make the screen the max brightness all the time. Even at night with the headlights on the screen is still at full brightness to the point where I had to just turn off the auto brightness and manually set it to level 2 or 3 or else it's too bright at night.

Anybody else experiencing this? Maybe there's an update or some setting I'm missing.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,842 Posts
If you have the little knob set at the highgest setting I don't think it dims when the lights are turned on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks! I also discovered that the dimmer switch doesn?t do anything for the interior lights unless it?s dark outside. Also, it seems the headlights use a different sensor for nighttime since the headlights sometimes come on automatically even though the night mode for the interior has not kicked in yet.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,842 Posts
This is the first car that I actually read the manual, thing has so much tech. in it. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
It didnt work on mine..i put it on auto and the brightness stays dim. The trick to reduce the dask dimmer below the max setting also didnt work.. anyone having the same issue ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts