5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just bought a 2018 Subaru Impreza hatchback. Car's great so far. Have had it for 4 weeks and 2 days ago I got up to go to work and the car started and then abruptly shut down. Started again and abruptly shut down. After that it wouldn't start. Nothing to turn over... battery is fine.

Brought it into the dealer and they've stymied for 3 days. So far they've reprogrammed the car and key fobs but the car still won't start. They did install a remote starter... took that out and it still won't start.

Bought the car at Clay Subaru Norwood Massachusetts.

Day 3 and no car... If there's a Subaru rep here maybe they can shed some light.

I will update as I hear more...

TD

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Well, I was prepared to say WELCOME! Then saw that you were having problems. :(

Hope they at least gave you a loaner?

Since it doesn't have many miles can you suggest they give you a different car?

Amazed that they can't figure out the problem.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Well, can't believe they didn't give you a loaner I would have demanded it, but at least you are going to get a new car out of it. Still surprised that a dealer could not figure out what was going on with the car. Surprised that the car's computer couldn't tell the diagnostic computer what the problem is.

I wonder if it could be as simple as a ground not connected properly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Massachusetts has a 7 day lemon law. If it's not fixed in 7 days I'll certainly be demanding a new car... Car only has 2k miles on it...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wonder if they tried flushing the fuel out spark plugs filter. A few years ago I got gas from a cheap gas station, Indian reservation and water had leaked into their tank. Car run for a little bit then started and abruptly shut off. Wouldn?t start back up. Needless to say I only get gas at name brand stations from now on. A few bucks per tank is not worth it. Wonder if you got bad gas?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Are they reimbursing you for the rental? If not, you really need to speak up. Not giving you a loaner is inexcusable!!!

Reactions: C J

·
Registered
470 Posts
Crazy they can't figure that out, and sad that they didn't give you a loaner and a huge apology for the inconvenience. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dude. 7 days lemon? I would PUSH for lemon claim now! Dealer can easily get away with this.

Read over the lemon law carefully. If the car can't start, and can't fix, that sounds like a solid reason to get a new car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts