5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My 2018 Impreza has a vibration/shake that usually occurs around 60+. Some days its bad, others I don't notice it. The shake does NOT change when pressing the brakes and feels like its coming from the front. It started after I replaced my brakes. Everyone is telling me its the warped rotors, bad tires, bad balance, etc. Since I first had the brakes done I have....

• Brakes replaced again, all new pads, rotors, and calipers front and rear.
  • Bled the brake system several times
  • had the tires rebalanced several times, alignment done. Didn't work so I put a set of brand new high mileage tires on, had balanced and aligned. Still vibrates!!
  • had the entire brake system serviced again. Still vibrates!!
  • Had new tires checked and balanced again. Had alignment checked. Still vibrates!!

So I have all new brakes pads, rotors, calipers, tires, balance, alignment, and bled system. The rims were rotated before the brakes were done and had no issues. Not a bent rims because it wasn't the issue before and I have had them all checked. I have a 98 Impreza with a bent rim, new pads on old rotors, and cheap tires and it vibrates less. The car Doesn't shake any different when braking. Could it be a front axle U-joint? Or tie rod? Or ball joint? I have done brakes and maintenance on every rig I've owned and some. Someone please give me a few good ideas to work with. I'm about to trade it in and let it be someone else issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

My 2018 Impreza has a vibration/shake that usually occurs around 60+. Some days its bad, others I don't notice it. The shake does NOT change when pressing the brakes and feels like its coming from the front. It started after I replaced my brakes. Everyone is telling me its the warped rotors, bad tires, bad balance, etc. Since I first had the brakes done I have....

• Brakes replaced again, all new pads, rotors, and calipers front and rear.
  • Bled the brake system several times
  • had the tires rebalanced several times, alignment done. Didn't work so I put a set of brand new high mileage tires on, had balanced and aligned. Still vibrates!!
  • had the entire brake system serviced again. Still vibrates!!
  • Had new tires checked and balanced again. Had alignment checked. Still vibrates!!

So I have all new brakes pads, rotors, calipers, tires, balance, alignment, and bled system. The rims were rotated before the brakes were done and had no issues. Not a bent rims because it wasn't the issue before and I have had them all checked. I have a 98 Impreza with a bent rim, new pads on old rotors, and cheap tires and it vibrates less. The car Doesn't shake any different when braking. Could it be a front axle U-joint? Or tie rod? Or ball joint? I have done brakes and maintenance on every rig I've owned and some. Someone please give me a few good ideas to work with. I'm about to trade it in and let it be someone else issue.
This happens to my car as well. I have no idea what is going on. It feels as if the car is riding through highway rumble strips. I could feel it on the dashboard + steering wheel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Could it be a bad spark plug at highway speeds causing a misfire? My old, old, old Oldsmobile had an issue if I was flooring it or going fast it would misfire but I didn't feel it all the time nor a slower speeds. Mostly when I was giving it more gas. Do you have any CELs?

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
191 Posts
What rims are you running ? If not oem are your center bores correct/hub rings present ?

only other guess would be strut mounts as they are known to be a weak spot by design on these cars. Gl with the search

1 - 4 of 4 Posts