5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My 2018 Impreza has a vibration/shake that usually occurs around 60+. Some days its bad, others I don't notice it. The shake does NOT change when pressing the brakes and feels like its coming from the front. It started after I replaced my brakes. Everyone is telling me its the warped rotors, bad tires, bad balance, etc. Since I first had the brakes done I have....

• Brakes replaced again, all new pads, rotors, and calipers front and rear.
  • Bled the brake system several times
  • had the tires rebalanced several times, alignment done. Didn't work so I put a set of brand new high mileage tires on, had balanced and aligned. Still vibrates!!
  • had the entire brake system serviced again. Still vibrates!!
  • Had new tires checked and balanced again. Had alignment checked. Still vibrates!!

So I have all new brakes pads, rotors, calipers, tires, balance, alignment, and bled system. The rims were rotated before the brakes were done and had no issues. Not a bent rims because it wasn't the issue before and I have had them all checked. I have a 98 Impreza with a bent rim, new pads on old rotors, and cheap tires and it vibrates less. The car Doesn't shake any different when braking. Could it be a front axle U-joint? Or tie rod? Or ball joint? I have done brakes and maintenance on every rig I've owned and some. Someone please give me a few good ideas to work with. I'm about to trade it in and let it be someone else issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

My 2018 Impreza has a vibration/shake that usually occurs around 60+. Some days its bad, others I don't notice it. The shake does NOT change when pressing the brakes and feels like its coming from the front. It started after I replaced my brakes. Everyone is telling me its the warped rotors, bad tires, bad balance, etc. Since I first had the brakes done I have....

• had the tires rebalanced several times, alignment done. Didn't work so I put a set of brand new high mileage tires on, had balanced and aligned. Still vibrates!!
  • Had new tires checked and balanced again. Had alignment checked. Still vibrates!!

So I have all new brakes pads, rotors, calipers, tires, balance, alignment, and bled system. The rims were rotated before the brakes were done and had no issues. Not a bent rims because it wasn't the issue before and I have had them all checked. I have a 98 Impreza with a bent rim, new pads on old rotors, and cheap tires and it vibrates less. The car Doesn't shake any different when braking. Could it be a front axle U-joint? Or tie rod? Or ball joint? I have done brakes and maintenance on every rig I've owned and some. Someone please give me a few good ideas to work with. I'm about to trade it in and let it be someone else issue.
This happens to my car as well. I have no idea what is going on. It feels as if the car is riding through highway rumble strips. I could feel it on the dashboard + steering wheel.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Could it be a bad spark plug at highway speeds causing a misfire? My old, old, old Oldsmobile had an issue if I was flooring it or going fast it would misfire but I didn't feel it all the time nor a slower speeds. Mostly when I was giving it more gas. Do you have any CELs?

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
212 Posts
What rims are you running ? If not oem are your center bores correct/hub rings present ?

only other guess would be strut mounts as they are known to be a weak spot by design on these cars. Gl with the search

·
Registered
41 Posts
You don't say why did you replace the rotors/calipers/etc the first time - was that for this reason?

Have you checked the bearings? After driving around and having the vibration you can also check the hub temps on all wheels to see if they are the same temp.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0i
1 Posts
Hi all,

Please tell me you figured out what caused this issue! I’m having similar troubles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts