1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I saw these 18 WRX Rims on Facebook for $500
and have a few questions:

Assuming I can get the seller down to $400, here's my ask:
  • Is this a good deal?
  • Will this have an adverse effect on the car? Ex: speedometer
  • Will this fit?
  • Has anyone else done this with the WRX rims?
My impreza is a 2018 dark Grey 2.0i Premium

·
Registered
522 Posts
Won't fit. WRX isn't the 5x100 bolt pattern that the Impreza uses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You'd need a bolt pattern adapter I believe. 5x100 to 5x114.3. then we need to worry about fitment width wise. If it's something that can be helped with rolling the fenders or if it's too aggressive of an offset to be helped.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just some insight on this:

Pending what trim you have, you are running either the Sport wheels which are 18x7.5" +55 offset or Premium wheels which are 17x7" +55 offset IIRC. These WRX wheels are 17x8" +55 offset. There is someone on this forum who I believe runs 17/18 x 8.5" wheels with a 40 or 50mm offset. Most adapters are a minimum of 1".

Unfortunately, with an adapter, your wheels will be sticking out about 1 to 1 1/2" further than your current setup. This either will cause serious "poke" or rubbing on your wheel wells. This may represent what you'll run into (Sport wheels in orange, WRX wheels in green w/ adapter).

Since you're running the premium wheels, you won't have any issues of the wheel hitting the spring, but may have rubbing issues in the wheel well at full lock when turning. You'll be adding at the minimum of 1 1/2 to 1 3/4" of wheel to the outside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just some insight on this:

Pending what trim you have, you are running either the Sport wheels which are 18x7.5" +55 offset or Premium wheels which are 17x7" +55 offset IIRC. These WRX wheels are 17x8" +55 offset. There is someone on this forum who I believe runs 17/18 x 8.5" wheels with a 40 or 50mm offset. Most adapters are a minimum of 1".

Unfortunately, with an adapter, your wheels will be sticking out about 1 to 1 1/2" further than your current setup. This either will cause serious "poke" or rubbing on your wheel wells. This may represent what you'll run into (Sport wheels in orange, WRX wheels in green w/ adapter).

View attachment 22242
+1 for willtheyfit.com usage. Saved me some serious pain in the past!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts