5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

2019 5DR Impreza Catless

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  evoheyax 
#1 ·
Hey all!
I'm wondering if anyone's gone catless in their 2019 hatch. Currently, I'm setup for just an axle-back muffler delete, but I want a bit louder and rumblier and I don't like the way the additional resonator delete sounds (too trombone-y). Does anyone know of catless solutions or what the sound is like? Kinda looking for that rally-tone rumble. Thanks!

#3 ·
Instead of going catless, which not only would require a tune (back stream O2 would get bad readings without the cat) and be a felony should your vehicle ever get inspected, just get a new set of UEL headers if you're desiring the traditional Subaru rumble as those are what contributed the most to the exhaust tone.

Reactions: MacawMania
#4 ·
You would have to trick the rear o2 or have someone disable it to make it work right. You'll also smell like fuel with little to no performance gain at all. If sound is what you're looking for, honestly experimenting with different mufflers will be your best option. If you're wanting rumbles, I'd recommend an UEL manifold for more of the Subaru signature sound.

#5 ·
As everyone else said, UEL headers are the way to go. I had a lot of headachs installing the AVO Turboworld headers and front pipe, but I think that will suit you well if no cat is what you desire. They do have a cat, but it's a very high flow cat. The muffler shop I went to in order to fix the nameless mid pipes poor quality said that cat is almost like having no cat, very high flow, which is why I smell gas fumes when the car is running (not inside, but outside the car). Defiantly brings the sound to life.

If you wana hear a sound clip:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.