5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my Impreza got backed into recently so now there is a big trailer hitch dent in the front bumper. No note was left unfortunately, but I am hoping to attempt to put a 2020 bumper on my 2017. Has anyone here attempted this, does anyone know if it is even possible and if so what needs to be changed? I've been looking at parts lists and there are very few changes besides the obvious bumper cover and the grilles/bezels. Mainly some energy absorption foam which is a slightly different shape bumper side and the trim piece that attaches the active grill shutter to the bumper. All other connectors and bumper support pieces are interchangeable according to Subaru, as well as the radiator support. Even the DRL from the sport models are the same part number so I'm hopeful as well as the facelift swap being possible on the previous Impreza and current wrx. Any help or advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also did it! Everything fits besides the lower bumper support piece which I am not currently running. It’s fine and there are enough fasteners still that I am not worried
Do you have a list of all the new parts you needed? I didn't double check and accidently ordered the 2020 bumper for my 2019 and already had it painted. I'm assuming, upper and lower grille, fog light bezels, foam support, and the tow hook cover. Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you have a list of all the new parts you needed? I didn't double check and accidently ordered the 2020 bumper for my 2019 and already had it painted. I'm assuming, upper and lower grille, fog light bezels, foam support, and the tow hook cover. Did I miss anything?
the piece going inside the lower vent is different, at least on my sport with the active grill shutter. The rest you have is correct

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
245 Posts
Hey! I have the Impreza 2018 and my number is cracked and I was thinking in changing it to the wrx. Can you tell me which model fit yours?
WRX chassis is different from the current generation Impreza. Since Subaru split the models in the 2015/14 year, neither car shares body, frame, or engine components. Maybe a few small pieces are similar, but for something as large as the bumper, it won't fit our cars.

The bumper that @nicnicm has is a 2020+ Impreza bumper, which shouldn't be too hard to swap.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I’d have to disagree with you.. the new one looks so much better
View attachment 26074 View attachment 26075
Are those the second gen LED headlights? I hit a deer last spring and broke the driver's side headlight into bits. I used a lot of plastic weld, epoxy clay, two part epoxy and crossed fingers to put it all back together, also had to make some new tabs. I've been putting off replacing it since they are so damn expensive (2018 limited BTW), but I'm tired of looking at it.
I'll see if I can find some pictures of the whole thing torn apart. Kind of cool to see all the guts.

I'm thinking I might just get a set of the second gen lights and then sell my good headlight to help offset the cost. Did you get yours new?

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Limited Hatchback
11 Posts
It was a pain in the ass but finally got the headlight Amber delete, accents, and windowstrip chrome delete done on my limited yesterday. Also some olm window deflectors for $30 from subispeed. Vinyl was from JDMFV.

I did put a Yakima Jetstream Set on as well, excited to actually use it, till then it looks great.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire Grille
I
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky
Sky Automotive tail & brake light Cloud Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts