5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing my first Subaru and have it narrowed down to either a 2020 Impreza Sport 5 Door or Limited 5 Door. As far as colors I would get either the Ice Silver or Magnetite Grey. I love the overall aesthetics of the Sport Model best but really want a few features like leather seating, navigation and climate control you can only get w limiteds. My biggest hangup with going the limited route is the roof rails that come standard. I will never use them and prefer a clean roof line.’ Does anyone know how easy/hard it would be to remove? Initial digging mentioned having to pull out the headliner to access and then needing plugs to fill?
Any help, pics, advice would be greatly appreciated before I buy.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
38 Posts
The roof rails are bolted from underneath. So you'd have to pull the ABC pillar plastic panels to pull the headliner loose to remove the bolts then allows the rails to be removed.

Then you'd also want to get the roof channels to seal up the gaps left by the roof rails so you don't have any leaks and that it doesn't look like something is missing. When I looked it wasn't too expensive for all the channel pieces.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts